Surefire 3P parts: with Malkoff P7

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here are 3 ways to make a 3P. The E1b has a P7 from Malkoff the black 3P also has a P7 and the blue bezel 3P has M30. I use AW 16340 cells for the P7's.:sick2::sick2:
P1200022.jpg

Now, the breakdown of parts involved. See picture below.
P1210032.jpg

1. Up top is the E1b. The E to C adaptor came with a LU60A. I did have to wrap it in Aluminum foil to get the Malkoff drop-ins to work. Plus it helps with the heat issues of the P7.
2. 6P bezel
3. Any P60 drop-in.
Next is the Surefire Parts:
1. LU60 adaptor, You have to dremel the inner walls and the interior base flush. Easy and 10 minutes or less.
2. 6P bezel and twistie tail - forgive my jargon-:whistle:
3. Surefire A21 universal housing body.

Last one in picture has:
1. LU60 Adaptor
2. 6P bezel/ tail
3. Solarforce 1 cell extention: I did cut it 1/4in or just untill the threads begin. Where the extention meets the LU60 adaptor.

Last edited:

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Surefire 3P parts: with detailed DIY/Pictures.

Here is the tool and how the drop-in will fit into it when finished I finished with the grinding. Of course the plastic inside the LU60 has to be removed and the remaining metal that held the plastic insert in place grinded flat.
P1190009.jpg
P1190006.jpg

P1150001.jpg
P1190015.jpg

Now we have all have a good reason to Get the P7 from Gene. The M30 is more practical, but at a recent family event the P7 in the E1b amuses the masses.

Last edited:

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Run time with AW16340 is 20 minutes then it gets dim. The light only gets hot for about 3 minutes, then the it just stays warm. You, have to keep in your hands to help with the heat; otherwise it gets hot. I usually only run it for 1 minute at a time, but tested it to make sure it could run for at least 20 minutes: which it does.
The only trouble I have now is which to carry. The E1b for now is a clear winner because I can carry it bezel down.
P1190010.jpg

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wish I could remember the part number for the "coupler" that connects the A21 to the bezel in my SureFire parts 3P. IIRC, the number wasn't an "A" or "Z" number, it was some 5 or 6 digit number.

SureFireparts3Pdisassembledreduced.jpg

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wish I could remember the part number for the "coupler" that connects the A21 to the bezel in my SureFire parts 3P. IIRC, the number wasn't an "A" or "Z" number, it was some 5 or 6 digit number.

It is the LU60 just like mine, except you have the older discontinued model. You have the Round version and I the anti-roll version like the new 6P.

Raoul_Duke

Enlightened

These all look sweet!

Any chances of a pic when all the '3P' bits are done up. I love the look of that set up. That momentary switch will be a realy good thing on the ~3A the P7 could drop ( although the overal voltage is, but still you will have no switch failure problems there.

I have a 3P (and 2 Vital gear FB1's with VG heads) & that have been waiting some time to do this, have 8 IMR123's, so just waiting for Gene to get back from shot. :devil:

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can anyone post a price list on one of these host builds?

1. The LU60 Adaptor is $40 dollars in the marketplace now. http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=188058
2. The P7 was $78 delivered
3. The 6P head/tail came from a 6P I already had, but if I didn't I guess add another $40.
4. The A21 universal Adaptor $30, It can also be used on my 6P's to add another cell. So, it has 3P and 9P duties. The Solarforce 1 cell extention $7 is an alternative to paying $30 dollars for the A21, but you need to cut it 1/4in shorter.
Here is the 3P parts with the Solarforce 1 cell extention cut 1/4in shorter(left). And here is the 3P parts with the A21 housing body(right). No cutting required, perfect fit.

The green glow in the dark bands make it easy to find in my Jeep.
P1200022.jpg

Last edited:

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure how the A21 can act as a single cell extender, unless you somehow modify the tail end threads on your 6P. If you look at the exploded parts photo of my old parts 3P, you can clearly see that the threads differ between the tail end of a 6P body and tail end of the LU60 adapter (or whatever the part number is for my old-style coupler).

The A21 connects to the LU60. If you try to connect it to the tail end of a 6P to extend it, the tail end is too long.

There is a different part that is an SF single cell extender -- the A19.

The A21 is called a universal housing body probably because way back when, it was meant to be used for SF's so-called universal housing weaponlights. It's not a universal housing in the sense that it can fit any Classic flashlight body in the SF line.

Last edited:

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll pile on too . . .

00037.jpg

The body of mine is made from an A19 that had the end with the female threads trimmed back about 1/8". Otherwise, it wouldn't screw onto the adaptor. IIRC, that specific adaptor doesn't have a part number of its own, but it's part of other things, like the LU60. Mine came from an L30 that I got a long time ago. The L30 is a weaponlight part that is made up of the R30 lamp in a Z32 bezel with just the adaptor. It could go on a 318FA that goes on a Remington 870 shotgun, or a 310R that goes on a .45 automatic.

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know this "coupler" has a part number because I ordered one from a SureFire stocking dealer years ago. Could be 14108-1. Or not.

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
I could be wrong since I ordered the part at least 10 years ago. Maybe I described the part and the dealer knew what to get. I just can't remember anymore. But I have this plastic bag with the part in it and in magic marker on the bag is the number 14108-1. I had always intended to build a second parts 3P, but never got around to it. I built the first one because real 3Ps did not exist at the time.

Now I have less incentive to build a parts 3P when you can get a FiveMega 3P clone body for less than just the LU60 adapter. Maybe someday I'll get an A21 so that I can utilize the LU60/14108-1 that is just gathering dust. Here is a FiveMega on the left, a real 3P in the middle, and my parts 3P on the right.

SureFire3Pvariations.jpg

Last edited:

madi05

Enlightened
whats the runtime on the m20 running a i assume rcr123 or do u run a surefire lithium cr123?

thanks
madi05

btw thanks for sharing they are cool looking for sure

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
whats the runtime on the m20 running a i assume rcr123 or do u run a surefire lithium cr123?

thanks
madi05

btw thanks for sharing they are cool looking for sure

Im not sure who the question was for, but I use only the AW 16340's for the P7. It can handle the 2.8amp draw safer than other cells out there.:whistle: