Arcmania/Deft

Chris H

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I am looking to complete my collection (for now anyway!) and so am looking for an aspherical that will blow away my eagletac M2XC4 not just beat it. I have looked at the DEFT and X6 but cannot seem to compare what they are like in reality. What kind of otf outputs are they?

Am I missing anything in the search for a demon aspherical?!

Thanks
Chris

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi,

So, you want a light that will be much brighter than 650 lumens and with what I take is more throw to boot. Sorry, but from the aRcMania 6 die light I saw tested they make the similar lumens. In fact, I have seen 3 custom 6 Die Osram lights and all make 400~680 OTF max lumens.

Now the DEFT FTP I tested it without the ASpheric and it does 250ish OTF lumens, with the Aspheric it will loose a little bit of the lumens. Most Aspherics loose up to 50% of the light, but the DEFT manages to salvage a lot of the lumens via his 2 lens or collimator system.

My suggestion to you is to get an SST-50 driven hard at 5A. This will net you 1000ihs OTF lumens and if the bezel is 2in plus a ton of throw. Really these SST-50's have some serious throw power, but no where near as much as the DEFT.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/260659

bigc

Spreadsheet39.png

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi,

I am looking to complete my collection (for now anyway!) and so am looking for an aspherical that will blow away my eagletac M2XC4 not just beat it. I have looked at the DEFT and X6 but cannot seem to compare what they are like in reality. What kind of otf outputs are they?

Am I missing anything in the search for a demon aspherical?!

Thanks
Chris
The DEFT and the X6 are very different lights despite the fact they are both lensed. The X6 puts out a little over three times the light at the emitter than the DEFT and has an adjustable beam if I remember correctly. The DEFT will out-throw it by quite a bit and weighs significantly less. I am working on a slightly throw enhanced version as well. Still trying to source all the parts so have no figures as yet but it should be quite exciting.:cool:

Chris H

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys,

It really has to be some kind of 1000lumen OTF Aspheric that would be perfect as I already have a couple of 'normal' beam lights of 1800 and 3600 lumens so am after a 'beast' of a spot (but without the size of the SR90!)

Cheers

Chris

recDNA

Flashaholic
Beyond 200 yards I can't really see much without binoculars...unless an object is moving.

Anyway, at a distance of 200 yards about how big would the Deft hotspot be? Would the light be bright enough to discern a deer from a lawn ornamental deer at that distance?

toby_pra

Flashaholic
Hi,

So, you want a light that will be much brighter than 650 lumens and with what I take is more throw to boot. Sorry, but from the aRcMania 6 die light I saw tested they make the similar lumens. In fact, I have seen 3 custom 6 Die Osram lights and all make 400~680 OTF max lumens.

You must have made bad experiences with 6die Ostar lights...:naughty:

Mine 6die Ostarlights (SFIII Prototype, modded old SFIII and SFV)
have defintly more than 650lumes out of the front. Much more! :thinking: ;)

@Chris

You wont find a stock light with such a beam and in a smaller size.

The Deft and the X6 are very good choices. You need to make sure, what
beam you like and how far the light should throw.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
You must have made bad experiences with 6die Ostar lights...:naughty:

Mine 6die Ostarlights (SFIII Prototype, modded old SFIII and SFV)
have defintly more than 650lumes out of the front. Much more! :thinking: ;)

@Chris

You wont find a stock light with such a beam and in a smaller size.

The Deft and the X6 are very good choices. You need to make sure, what
beam you like and how far the light should throw.

Check my thread I just tested the SFIII production model and with the SMT LED made 400ish if I remember correctly. Also, I tested a really nice L1 6die mod with a whopping 15 watts put out 500ish.

Of course you can prove me wrong and send me a sample of an Osram 6die light that makes 700 plus lumens. I will say that at least in a Mag light at 15 plus watts they make 650ish OTF, but not 1000 lumens.

From testing similar lights aka 15 watts in L1 or Mag type hosts I must say that the Osram 6die lights get smoking hot and I meant hotttttttt.

Do you notice they heat up much more then the P7, MC-E, or SST-50 counterparts?

bigC

toby_pra

Flashaholic
Hi bigC! :naughty:

You are they gettin really hot, but compared to other flashlights
i never had the feeling that the difference between Led-Lumens
and Out-of-the-Front-Lumens is so high...:thinking:

These diffenrences i recognize only with many chinese lights.

But thats perhaps a kind of "offtopic"

Have you measured the oft-lumens from the M2S already (or M1X)?