New SWM M11R Titanium

saypat

Enlightened
man o' man, is that ever a beauty! I'll trade all 25 of my present lights for it. Anyone see a price?

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
TC4 Grade Titanium alloy

what's that? how does it compare to Olight Ti, Bronte Ti, 4Sevens Ti, Eagletac Ti, Jetbeam Ti, ITP Ti, Klarus Ti?

Same same?
1pcniteyeeye10ticflashl.jpg

tcr1en12.jpg

sunwaymanv10rtititanium.jpg

600en0128129.jpg

Am i missing anything??

Last edited:

RobME

Newly Enlightened
what's that? how does it compare to Olight Ti, Bronte Ti, 4Sevens Ti, Eagletac Ti, Jetbeam Ti, ITP Ti, Klarus Ti?

Same same?

Am i missing anything??

Tired of the bling? Are you jaded already? :rolleyes: (Lol) j/k... :D

Am I missing anything? - Yeah - Every single one of those others you mentioned. (not actually 'missing' but I don't own 'em.)

This new SWM looks nice. :thumbsup:

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
MSRP isnt fixed yet

Last edited:

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm...Nice and was going to give it a shot, but firefly is hidden and you have to get to Medium to access. Defeats the purpose. Deal breaker for me. Makes no sense at all.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Makes no sense at all.

+ 1

Totally agree.
But it looks pretty good on the photo.
Very chunky.
Smaller than TCR1 Jetbeam but heavier.
Interesting concept.
Price is friendly.

ZRXBILL

Enlightened
Hmmm...Nice and was going to give it a shot, but firefly is hidden and you have to get to Medium to access. Defeats the purpose. Deal breaker for me. Makes no sense at all.

Agree, having to go to a higher mode to access firefly is nuts since you use it usually once your eyes are adjusted to the dark.

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice looking light! I had the aluminum M11R for a few weeks and it really is small light. As already mentioned the way to access the Firefly mode is just silly. Maybe if a nice set of Oakleys were included ;) The glassbreaker (good thing it´s optional) on such a short light is silly too. I´d like to see a video demonstrating it´s use. Rather dangerous than usefull I assume.

Eric

Azlum

Newly Enlightened
I want to like it... because it's beautiful... but I can't :(

Like others I just can't deal with that interface. Moonlight from off is a must on any EDC for me.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got lots of lights with moonlight right after off, and though I'm not certain of the UI I do like the look of this light and I'm really tempted to give it a go. I would definitely the glass breaker, I'd use it more like a scribe or a center punch ;) to start screws

Yourfun2

Enlightened
I was hoping for a V11r Ti. Oh well, I guess this is it. Saved me some money.

aau007

Enlightened
So the designer of this light has a different logic of how flashlight should be controlled.

1. To access FireFly mode, the designer wants your iris to shrink up first so the FF mode will look REALLY low.
2. There is no way to access "high" mode aside from waiting for 3 min from Turbo?
3. Then, once you are after 3min and it dims to High mode, if you want to go back to Turbo, you have to turn off the light, let your iris open up and go back to Turbo (so now the Turbo looks really bright?).
4. It uses magnetic ring control but is not infinitely variable. I hope it has detents so you can feel your switch position rather than guessing by judging the brightness to determine your mode.
5. Is it a heat dissipation issue to keep the light at 300 lms because of so little metal?
6. I wonder how many fingers can be grabbing the light while still able to manipulate the control ring without fussing, with one hand. Light is 7.6cm and judging by the picture, control ring is about 1/3 way down. That leaves about 5cm (slightly less than 2 inches) between ring and end of light.
7. I can see the tail of the light to be a dirt collecting place, with or without the spike.

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
The ui and levels are the deal breaker for me too. Pretty to look at and hold, not so great to use