Should I upgrade my Paypal account?

Darkcobra

Enlightened
I'm hoping that my fellow CPF'ers can give me some advice regarding upgrading my Paypal account.
Right now, I have a personal account that is not attached to my checking account, I just use it to recieve payments and small purchases from E-bay with my credit card.
I'm debating wether to upgrade to a Premium Account so that I can accept Credit Card payments, should I do it?
Any tips and suggestions would be greatly helpful.

mporter

Newly Enlightened
For your protection, if you are required to have a bank account with Paypal to do this, you should open a separate, new account for this purpose and only keep a minimum amount in that account.

jtice

Flashaholic
PP will take out 3% plus 33 cents.
I upgraded mine, to make it easier, and so everyone could PP me.

I did not however, make a seperate account, I probably should have. That way, if someone PPs me from a none CC account, I can use my non CC PP and not have the extra fee.

Darkcobra

Enlightened
Well I just upgraded to a Premium Account too.
I got nailed $2.45 in fees from a $55 transaction.
It did however make the transaction between myself and an overseas buyer a lot easier, faster and convenient for the buyer. I mainly use Paypal to send money and on rare occasion do I get the treat of recieving money.
I'll just try and add in Paypal fees for future transactions. I'll probably try to open a seperate account that can accept non CC transactions to avoid fees?
Thanks!