streamlight propoly 4aa

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i may try streamlight again im thinking of geting this light.is it very bright?any beam shots?i tryied search but i guess i enter wrong search word or something

artar

Enlightened
it is a good (flood-) light with even white flood of light.

i would look at the Uke 4aa eLed. it is regulated, has 1 watt led and is smaller.

luxlover

Banned
Raggie33,
Yes, it is the one with 7 LEDs mounted in the reflector assembly. I just bought one. I am very happy with it. It costed me $23.95, and came with four Energizer AA alkaline batteries. The light output is an excellent white flood pattern. It lights up a room very nicely. So far after three days, I am very satisfied with it. I have not seen any beam shots of it on the internet, either. I recommend it very highly. As I learn more about it, I will post my comments.

Jeff

JJHitt

Enlightened
This is one of my favorite lights and probably one of the best buys out there. A great 'walking' light. Only negative I can think of is they do have a tendancy to get hot. Some users have reported that they can get hot enough to melt the plastic reflector. However, there have been several design changes and the heating/melting issue should have been resolved.

You will not regret owning this light.

Lagged2Death

Newly Enlightened
I bought one of these to put in my car's glove box, on the theory that an LED light would be reliable, and that the smooth flood of light would be better for arm's-length jobs (like changing a tire or peering under a hood). On fresh batteries, it's too bright for reading by, unless you get someone to point it over your shoulder from a few feet away. On half-dead batteries, it gets a little dimmer, but it's scarcely less useful for arm's-length type jobs. The switch is tactical-style: light press for momentary, full press to lock on.

It's a great form-factor, too - I knew it was a 4AA light, but it's still smaller than I was expecting. I like it a lot. I like the size and the smoothness of the beam so much, I'm tempted to get the new UK 4AA eLED as well.

As usual, Quickbeam has an informative review, including a beam-shot.

I had thought someone posted a run-time plot, showing a surprisingly flat (for unregulated alkalines) output for 8-10 hours, followed by the usual LED "everlasting trickle" effect. I can't find it, though.

jbroker83

Enlightened
I own this and think it's a great light. I think it's a great pair along with the Xenon version. In fact, at night, those are the two that I get out to be by my side, and I've used both quite a bit. The LED puts out quite a bit of light, almost as much as my Lightwave 4000---as hard as that is to believe. I would recommend it.

brickbat

Enlightened
It's a great light and has everything I like: plastic housing (I think Aluminum is a lousy housing material, unless you need the thermal conductivity), runs on AA's, is pretty inexpensive, has a 'smooth' beam and has a clicky switch that, so far, has been reliable. It's the light I reach for first whenever I need to peer into dark corners around the house. I'd be hesitant to use it as a glovebox light, though, since I keep so much stuff in there that I'm afraid the switch could get accidently actuated - it doesn't take much force.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i ordered it today kinda glad i did.i at first was going to get a cmg ulrta infinty and a x1 but got the poly and sonic instead next light is a pt surge!

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got mine and I'm very happy with it like others. Brighter than I expected and love the clickie. They are excellent for around the house.

haertig

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
brickbat said: I'm afraid the switch could get accidently actuated - it doesn't take much force.

[/ QUOTE ]The 4aa I have is an older model (1st generation, except the LED module had now been replaced). My clickie is anything but easy to activate. The rubber covering feels quite thick and the switch itself is pretty stiff. I very much like it this way. But they must have changed this design since the initial models. I've seen a few posts here talking about possible accidental actuation and thin rubber caps. Not with my particular unit. No way could you accidently turn this one on. Mostly it's a two handed operation to actuate the switch. You can do it with one hand, but it's awkward and not very comfortable, for lack of a better word.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I went walking with my 4AA 7LED last night. It is plenty of light for walking, and not tripping or stepping on anything harmful.

One time it just wouldn't reach out and let me see something. But my G2 did!

Anyhow the switch on my example is moderately hard to activate. Sure if something pressed against it straight on, it would. But a glancing blow or a very large item trying to push would not do it.

NICE light! A CPF badge light I think.

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
For those that have the 4aa, I would also recommend the Nuwai AT-100 10led/4AA. First class fit and finish, a really good job, even among the usually good Nuwais. I got mine for 28. The 10leds have a 2 stage switch, for 3 or 10led output. Just a great all around performer, you should at least check it out. I would label this one a Sleeper Best Buy. The propoly is great too, but I like the form of the AT-100. And unlike some cheapies, the AT-100 does use first rate nichia leds.

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd recommend the SL 7-led 4-AA light. I bought one for my brother-in-law for Christmas last year. I carefully opened the package and used it for a few weeks before I gave it to him, just to make sure it was up to snuff. Not a lot of throw, but long runtime, and great flood beam. My bro-in-law does a lot of deer hunting and needs to get to his tree stand before sunrise, so I thought this would be a good light for him.

I got a Lightwave 2100 for my Dad, longer runtime, but less output. I also used it for awhile (and I own a Lightwave 2000) and it is a good light too.

-Keith

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I were restricted to two inexpensive lights, it would be the SL 4AA Propolymer LED, and Xenon models. These would handle 98% of everthing I do.

Raven

Enlightened
I just bought this light 2 months ago, and I'm relatively pleased with it.

One thing I notice is a weird prism affect that circles the edge of the beam. I'm not sure, but I think that's simply the 7 leds reflecting off each other.

Raven