• YES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

sbebenelli

Enlightened
New style KL1...what\'s your thoughts?

Subject says it all....what's your thoughts?

tequilathursday

Newly Enlightened
Re: New style KL1...what\'s your thoughts?

On an E1e it's the smallest, brightest, farthest throwing led I have. (and it's even better with two cells)
It does everything I like about the inova T1, T2,but much smaller and it gives my XO3 a run for the money. (Ever carry a XO3 all day) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Granted, the two cell Inova's have superior run time, but this little guy fits nicely in your pocket so it's always there if ya need it.

Now I can put my L4 head back on my L4 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Flashlight Enthusiast

I ordered a couple KL1s to give them a try. Probably be few months till I get them due to Surefire being backordered.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *

I'm certain that I'll have to try a couple.

Maybe all those old outdated, unused, "lousy beamed" KL1s will start showing up for LOW prices now in the B/S/T forums?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Better yet, maybe folks will just box them up and I'll pay their shipping to make sure that they get "disposed" of correctly!

Yeah, I can do that for you! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gandalf

Enlightened

How many people actually *have* one of the new KL1's?

They seem impossible to find....

SureFire quoted me a 8 to 10 week wait for one. In 'SureFire time', that's probably 3 or 4 months... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif : /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

grnamin

Enlightened

An E1e body + latest gen KL1 is my current EDC. The KL1 seems to out-throw my KL5. Try emailing jcciv here in the forums. He sometimes has some in stock.

[ QUOTE ]
grnamin said:
An E1e body + latest gen KL1 is my current EDC. The KL1 seems to out-throw my KL5. Try emailing jcciv here in the forums. He sometimes has some in stock.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here on the EDC. I don't think jcciv has any left.

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm carrying a new style KL1 on an E1E body with a 15 ohm McE2S tailcap. Nice setup!

SteveK

Newly Enlightened

To my suprise, my local GanderMountain had the new KL1. Of course I snatched it up. I'm very impressed with it's throw and color. The L4 has been moved to back-up EDC.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

"Surefire's Smallest Turbohead"

It depends on what you need, really. The Turbohead long-throw crowd is blown away by the 4th gen KL1 and rightly so, because this light can paint a hotspot the SAME size and same brightness (to my eyes) as my 5W Luxeon/DB917 Mag at the same range! The problem is that there is absolutely no spill whatsoever where the Mag lights up the whole area.

If you are looking for a flood for close-range work, it won't do.

And if you really hate your old KL1, I'll be right here in B/S/T, and if you're throwing it out I will pay shipping to give it a new home... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I've already collected one, HEH!

dtsoll

Enlightened

I just got a newstyle KL1 from cpf member slick228, and all I can say is WOW!! Like others have said, the throw is absolutely incredible. I also put it on an E1e body. I reeeeeeeeaally like this light! WOW!! He had this thing for sale for a few days, I am very surprised it didn't sell before I arranged a sale to fund it!!! Doug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

lak

Newly Enlightened

Does anyone know what's the minimum voltage for the new KL1 to run regulated? Would 2AA NiMh rechargeable work well? I presume 2AA alkaline should be OK, not sure for how long though.

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
lak said:
Does anyone know what's the minimum voltage for the new KL1 to run regulated? Would 2AA NiMh rechargeable work well? I presume 2AA alkaline should be OK, not sure for how long though.

[/ QUOTE ]
On my particular KL1 the 2.4-5v from 2 NimH works fine. But I only had 2 of the 1/5A size NiMH (400mAh) to try it with.

So, I cannot say how long 2-AAs (alkaline or NimH) would run it. FYI-this KL1 head does draw about 740mA when given 3V. from a regular CR123.
It is extremely bright when run on an R-123 3.7v Li-Ion cell.

JanCPF

Enlightened

It's quite amazing. It's a lean mean throwing machine for it's size. Mine has a great white tint and bright enough to out throw my L4 by a good margin. It's got virtually no side spill, so it's not so good for close up job as others have mentioned too. I use mine on night walks in the woods together with an L4. It's *great* for spotting deer between the trees, where the backscatter from the L4's side spill hitting the trees, tends to blind you. I'm not EDC'ing it though. For that purpose more side spill would be better IMHO - Well, depends on what you need on an every day basis of course.

Mine starts to flicker on a used CR123 cell that reads 2.5 volt open circuit, so I'm not so sure it'll run in regulation on two Nimh cells.

SF 4th. gen. KL1 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

Jan