Novatec AAA light - impressions

Kiessling

Flashaholic
hi again !

as promised I am presenting my impressions (as they are non-professional, I do not call it a review) about the new Novatec light with a single AAA battery. will our beloved Arc AAA be outgunned?

to keep it short and save your precious time:
forget it!
Peter G., you may continue to sleep well and undisturbed.

fcb1f918.jpg

the thing (I don't even call it a light, see below) is far too big! a real giant, as big as a AA-light like the Infinity. in fact, you could almost squeeze an AA-battery in there, if you had a strong arm (which we all do not, being flashaholic weirdos ). it is very heavy, too, and really not well manufactured: the so-called o-ring at the bottom end comes loose every time you open the light and gets caught between the tail cap and the body, the tail cap can be turned only with the above-mentioned strong arm and the lanyard ring is bulky.

speaking of business:
beamshot against my Arc AAA LE (you guess which is which, hm?)
fcb1f912.jpg

HAR HAR HAR !
is that a beam? despite of the "little" rings there you could almost call the LED a multi-colored one since you will find blue in the hotspot, brown and lime-green in the rings, oh, and you got pitch black, too.
and, ah, let's talk about the "switch": press once, you got light, press another time, you got strobe (about 2Hz), press again and it is off. if you are lucky. otherwise you might be fighting that damned switch until it is supper time.

the bottom line is, as you might have noticed already:

stay away !
buy something else !

and to those of you who just "must" have every single light on this lovely planet:

no !!! do not even think of it !!! never !!

thanx for looking.

bernhard

Kiessling

Flashaholic
... and be careful, I have seen it under a different name in a German knife store, just cannot remember it exactly.
it is easily recognized by the lanyard ring though.
bernhard