God bless the kind-hearted people.

Tom_Dunn

Newly Enlightened
On one of the trapping forums I frequent, a young man, I think about 15 years old or so, made a post about how sad he was feeling. Seems his 12 year old beagle died the day before, apparantly a victim of age and the heat. Needless to say, the kid was bummed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif His first dog, told about how the dog had been with him for all the "firsts" in his life, ect. The kids forum name is "Beagleboy" even! He got a lot of posts returned telling him how sorry folks were and such, as one might expect. One guy, however, took it a bit further. This guy also has his own, different outdoor forum, so he made a post about the kids situation. It seems there was a beagle puppy available, but at $150, the kid had NO chance of getting it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif You can see where this is going, I'm sure. One guy chimed in with a donation of $10, and that sort of set the mood. The $10 donations came flowing in and the money was raised to finance the pup in short order. Here I sit, a big old tough guy, and I'm welling up just thinking about it. I KNOW how tough it is to lose a dog, and at a young age, all the more-so. I have no doubt that the memory of this will stick with this kid the rest of his life.
God bless the kind and good-hearted people of this earth, where the heck would we be without them?

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Thanks for sharing that Tom! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif If I could find a way to let people into my heart to half the extent my dogs have entered, I would be such a happy person and a pushover to boot! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I believe the greek term of agape is the operative here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
What a heartwarming story. This will undoubtedly have an impact on that young fellow that will last a lifetime. It's so nice to see such an outpouring of human kindness.

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Mark2 said....
Did you say trapping forum?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't be suprised. Just about every activity has practitioners that are willing to discuss it with others. Trapping takes some knowledge and skill, so I imagine there would be a forum somewhere.

I saw a tagline just today that proves the point. It read; "Everyone needs a hobby. Mine is sex. It's the best way for a girl to make new friends."

Yup, something for everyone.

Daniel

moeman

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
gadget_lover said:
[ QUOTE ]
Mark2 said....

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't be suprised. Just about every activity has practitioners that are willing to discuss it with others. Trapping takes some knowledge and skill, so I imagine there would be a forum somewhere.

I saw a tagline just today that proves the point. It read; "Everyone needs a hobby. Mine is sex. It's the best way for a girl to make new friends."

Daniel

[/ QUOTE ]

Now what kind of forum was that on? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
moeman said:
[ QUOTE ]
gadget_lover said:
[ QUOTE ]
Mark2 said....

[/ QUOTE ]

Daniel

[/ QUOTE ]

Now what kind of forum was that on? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it does sound like it belongs in the Penthouse Forum, doesn't it?

Empath

Flashaholic
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Dog.... kid.... generous... kind-hearted; remember? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Thanks, Tom. The forums often bring out the good side of people. I've seen it too, on CPF. I've seen our members open their hearts and wallets, not to mention time and effort, when one of ours needs a hand.