What Are The Most Rugged Flashlights?

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Lack of support? I read RA Twisty at least 4 times maybe.
That's my point. Although I think the Ra Twisty is probably much more robust, the 6P is mentioned many more times, which leads me to suspect very few people have Twisty's or are just voting their favorite light?

I don't know, but the Twisty is one tough light and I never even guessed at the build quality until I got one in my hands!

kts

Enlightened
That's my point. Although I think the Ra Twisty is probably much more robust, the 6P is mentioned many more times, which leads me to suspect very few people have Twisty's or are just voting their favorite light?

I don't know, but the Twisty is one tough light and I never even guessed at the build quality until I got one in my hands!

Thats because a lot of people in here thinks that Surefire is the ultimate light, it was, 5 years ago, time changes :cool:

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Peak, Ra, Surefire, Fenix TK40, E01

The E01 and TK40 are definitely able to handle anything anyone throws there way!

fisk-king

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've read so much about Peak that I visited the order page for the El Capitan at least 10 times yesterday at work.:shakehead
What was holding me back was this repeated phrase..."you have to many lights...for this year":p

I imagine the El Cap will hold up pretty good.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd say my Jetbeams are pretty tough, I've dropped them onto concrete from about 4 ft, submerged them in water for testing waterproofness as well as to provide active cooling for runtime tests.

My Fenix lights are also very durable and obviously my one and only Surefire G2 is definitely trusted.

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just remember you asked a question in which no answer is fact, but opinion.

Everything mentioned is basically based on personal experiences with flashlights.

Blue72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am surprised no one mentioned ARC AAA. They have some great testimonials

Jeff S.

Newly Enlightened
HDS System's Ra Clicky is the most rugged of my lights. The Ra Twisty and Ra Clicky were designed with ruggedness in mind.

hdssystems.com/?id=ClickyDetails&model=Executive

Last edited:

mossyoak

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Southland with a RedBull in one hand and iPhon
the ra twisty is the most rugged light made, ever, its not just over built its built right, with thick window, thats protected by o-rings on the front, back, and sides, also its one of the few lights that protects the battery, it makes me laugh when people say that protecting the battery doesnt really matter, because you can just pop another one into the light, but what if its your last battery? that killed the light, if it wont make light its as good as dead. WAY TO GO RA...

munkybiz_9881

Enlightened
While I'm not surprised there are lots of kudos going to Surefire, I have a hard time understanding the lack of support for the Ra Twisty, which to me feels to be the tougher light by far. I mean, you could probably use one for holding tracks on a 966 and still be able to use it at the end of the day! :naughty:

I initial thought would be that less people around here own a Ra as opposed to surefire products. I know that I have never even held a Ra light.....Hmmm That may have to change. :devil:

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
My most rugged light I have would probably be my Inova X5. My Surefires and Maglites are very rugged as well. I wouldn't hesitate to use any of them in rough use situations, although I might cringe when my Surefires get scratched. I'd definitely get over it, though.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
I initial thought would be that less people around here own a Ra as opposed to surefire products. I know that I have never even held a Ra light.....Hmmm That may have to change. :devil:
Hadn't thought of that... I guess until not too long ago I had no idea either. If you want a tough light you will definitely feel you've found it with the Ra!

Yucca Patrol

Enlightened
Ra Twisty.

One more vote for the Ra Twisty here.

If I had to get rid of every hand held flashlight but one, I'd hold onto my Ra Twisty 85tr. It's by far nowhere near my brightest, but it is certainly the most rugged and versatile with both the red colored low and white colored medium and high modes.