1x AAA, Low/Med/High mode - went with Life Flux LF2XT and I'm in LOVE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: 1 cell AAA, Low/Med/High mode - going with Life Flux LF2XT - How do you like your

FliGuy ,

NO problems that I'm currently aware of.

What were the probs. that you read about ?

If anyone knows of any - please speak up .

You can also ask KuKu427 for verification .

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Re: 1 cell AAA, Low/Med/High mode - going with Life Flux LF2XT - How do you like your

I'm also not aware of any common problems with the UI, at least nothing worth complaining about. Mine has a slight glitch on startup where it kind of ramps up (in the time of about a half second) if it's been off for more than about 20 sec. This bothered me at first, but has no effect on performance.

Geoff

FliGuyRyan

Enlightened

I remember BabyDoc saying something about he had found something where the ODP and the auto-shut off don't like each other or something.

This seemed to be way back so they might have fixed the "glitches" or so recently.

If you say there's none, then I'm sure I have nothing to worry about. I just can't wait to see one.

Question as well, why do people buy so many (like more than 3)? I don't see the point.

-RC

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast

I remember BabyDoc saying something about he had found something where the ODP and the auto-shut off don't like each other or something.

Question as well, why do people buy so many (like more than 3)? I don't see the point.

-RC

That's the Flashaholic syndrome you keep hearing us refer to .

Why do alchoholics keep buying and having more drinks after they are already drunk ? same diff.

Khoo , (the original seller of LF2XT's) has said many times now , that the ODP and 3 mi. shut-off does work together. If you over-ride the 3 min cutoff (by 3 taps) , then the ODP comes into play .

The older UI's had a half second light-up delay after button was pushed - that was improved muchly and is no longer noticable .

I don't think you will find much trouble with the current models .
Except fascination - which makes you want another.

FliGuyRyan

Enlightened

I guess so. It seems that a flashaholic would find the next big light solution he had and buy a more specific light for that. I forget who I saw on here who said that he bought 7 (SEVEN!!!) Surefire A3 lights. What in the world are you going to do with 7 Aviators...

Again, I shouldn't talk and I'm not complaining - but, I just don't get it. The most I could see if three of the lights....

I don't know..

It's all good thoug...

FliGuyRyan

Enlightened

(I will be posting this on the 3 threads that have kept up with this topic - different, but I started them, please excuse this...)

I now have the LF2XT to complete my birthday package. I got it today and WOW. All I can say is WOW! Incredible. It's just a AAA light and I can believe (nor can anyone else I've shown it to) how bright it is. It's definitely more impressive than my Quark. I love the Quark, but man the LF2XT is amazing...

I haven't fooled around with the programming yet (that's for tonight), but I imagine it will be a little challenging, we'll see.

I will post back with my thoughts. In the meantime, the beam is beautiful. Throwy, ringless basically and bright as all get out!

-RC

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic

Glad you've received your light, Ryan, and that you like it. We wouldn't steer you wrong. Have fun with the programming tonight. Don't get discouraged if you hit a snag. The instructions could be a bit better, but with care and patience all will be well.

Geoff

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast

Welcome to the club. I'd like to have a half-dozen of them. They're that nice! :thumbsup:

FliGuyRyan

Enlightened

I've received my LF2XT with Cree XP-G R5 emitter and Sapphire window upgrade and all I can say is that I love it. I have never, ever, EVER thought a light could be so perfect. It it well beyond my expectations and I just still can't believe it.

I programmed the UI for dimmest, dimm, medium bright, brightest and a good balanced beacon. This in addition to the "tactical" mode which allows momentary like normal (for the first mode programmed, i.e. dimmest for me) and then acts like a regular clicky if it's pressed. When it's on (after button press), if you just hold it down then, it goes MAX brightness momentary. If you click and hold it will strobe when on already.

It's just amazing. I can't believe it. I am going to try and send my Quark 123 back and get LF3XT instead... also, the LF2XT R5 isn't green like my Quark...

Does the LF3XT act the same way with the UI and everything?

Thanks again to everyone!
-RC

P.S. I totally understand now why someone would pay $200 for a titanium version. It's like night and day enlightenment... I would totally pay that in a heartbeat!

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast

LF3XT programing is just a little different , they modified and improved/simplified the steps on the LF2XT.(functions access more direct)

We told ya you would like it !

( have ya tried the battery report and 3 minute auto-off functions yet..... they're great.

(you also gonna get your 3xt from KuKu427 ? .... he has em.)

Last edited:

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast

Oh Yeah ..... have you tried that stiffer button spring yet , or is that what Steve installed in it for ya.

Do ya think that will help for pocket carry ? You are the only one I know that has it - so give us your opinion of it.

FliGuyRyan

Enlightened

TooMany,

As for the spring, it's unpleasantly hard in my opinion compared to the normal one. I switched from the hard (which he installed as default) to the normal one and I think the normal one is completely adequate given the pressure of the spring and the 3-minute shut-off function combination.

It doesn't hurt to throw it in there if you're ordering one - your preference might be different than mine - but as I use my light, since the button is a little small, it just makes it more difficult to press it harder in addition to the size issue (naturally with a light this size).

As for the auto-off and battery report functions. Just awesome. Simply beautiful. I'm going to try and make a credit-card sized wallet info card with the instructions on it and laminate it so I can carry it with me. I have it pretty well memorized right now though. 3 taps for temporary auto-shut off deactivation, 4 taps for tactical, 5 for voltage, 8 and hold for the actual auto-off activation and so-on... I'll memorize it completely soon.

Anyways, even though the LF3XT isn't improved like the LF2XT are the capabilities the same as far as level #, level output and level options including tactical, auto-off, etc... ?

I hope it is because I'm buying one ASAP with sapphire, R5 and battery tube extension.

-RC

P.S. He's checking on the sapphire option for the LF3XT... and yeah, I'd buy it from Steve, he's been great!

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast

LF3XT : It does NOT have the auto-off function (wish it did)
and battery report is 1 less decimal point . ( 4.1 v/s 4.19 )

That's all I remember that's different about em right now.

Can anyone else remember more differences ?

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
When switching from FUI to CUI in the LF3XT it defaults to 50% output. In the LF2XT your previous user mode setting is remembered. I can't think of any other differences.

Geoff

FliGuyRyan

Enlightened

TooMany and Flying...

Thanks for the differences. Thankfully, those are fine and I can live with that. The shut-off is nice, but not necessary. Same goes for the voltage. I'll probably rarely use it as I switch batteries automatically when I use the light for any given amount of time.

As for the CUI/FUI, that is fine, as I will never use the CUI again. I have programmed my LF2XT to EXACTLY how I've wanted a light. I can't believe it. It's great!

AlphaZen, thanks for the chart. I guess I'd print of the FUI ones and just shove them in my wallet. I really wanted it on one card though, back/front and laminated... hmmm... I wonder how small I can type.

Thanks again guys...
-RC

AlphaZen

Enlightened

Each of those boxes shows the same thing, so you could print it out, shrink it down, cut out the top two boxes, fold it over and laminate it.

FliGuyRyan

Enlightened

AlphaZen...

Wow, I feel like an idiot. I admit, I looked at it too fast...

Thank you for the link and clarification. This is great!

-RC

damn_hammer

Enlightened
When can I get a LF2X XP-G R5 from the factory in natural, bare aluminum, or stainless steel? I have the Preon I in Ti, but would really like to get a LF2X in one of those finishes.