A little sorry that I Became A Member Here, but actually not that much really ...

BVH

Flashaholic
Re: Sorry I Became A Member Here

Everything is gone now. I retired and moved to the Central Coast where there was no demand at all for my light. The truck was an 08 Duramax/Allison and was about $44K out the door with 6yr ext warranty. The light, genny and trailer ran $20,000. Run time was about 1.5 hr at which point I had to crawl inside the light and change the Negative rod (7/16" diameter). Positive rods (5/8" diameter) lasted about 2.5 hrs. A can of rods (25 + 25) was about $325.00. The Hercules was "red lining" at 1200 RPM. It was extremely quiet, the cabinet being fully insulated from the factory. It consumed 150 Amps at 78 Volts at the rods. Can't remember fuel consumption but it wasn't much. I charged $325 for a 3-hour night.

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast

Handheld lights are fun, but the real useful stuff for camping etc is found in the headlamp section of this forum. Holding a handheld in my mouth to have both hands free just makes me feel like Jenna Jameson :) So if you ask me, you need to buy atleast some headlamps before you feel sorry for joining cpf :)

Dr. Tweedbucket

Enlightened

Totally ... I spent $1000 in the first two months of my membership and then dialed it back ......:green: Actually, I feel like I have all I need right now ... the best thing that I got from this site is safety rules on lithium ion batteries. I'm enjoying all the lights I snagged in my original binge. :)

primopup

Newly Enlightened

I feel your pain.. The postman is banging on my door now 7 days a week, yes Sundays to from Amazon.. My wife is like, ok enough , enough, ow many flashlights do you really need now, cmon.. LOL..

ven

Flashaholic

I feel your pain.. The postman is banging on my door now 7 days a week, yes Sundays to from Amazon.. My wife is like, ok enough , enough, ow many flashlights do you really need now, cmon.. LOL..

It doesn't last......

Soon she will be ready waiting for you before the knock, and have them in an allocated space for when you get in from work :laughing:

Boomer8404

Newly Enlightened

I know the pain! Before I joined here, I only owned 4 Surefires and I few Maglights that I had collected over the last 10-15 years. It didn't take long but I managed to accumulate 11 more Surefires, and half a dozen other various brands, aftermarket accessories for the Surefires, batteries, battery chargers... ugh. Yup, this sight is bad for the pocket book, lol! Bu,t I have some sweet flashlights and flashlight accessories now.