Anything new on the Cool Fall front?

lefteye219

Enlightened
Why are you still waiting. ;) The link was posted.......

Ah, I see, thanks... I was checking from cellphone so didn't realise a new thread was posted already :p

^^Go easy, he only has one eye! :D;):crackup::sick2:

Hahaha Str8stroke, rightly said :D

Did you see them? How do you like the pics after seeing the light in person? One of these pics you saw two weeks ago when you were here, I know, but a few I still had not taken yet.

LOL, he has to tell us how he got that CPF ID.

Yep, did see the pics first in cellphone and now saw them in full resolution in the desktop... Man the pics are really beautiful but the light in person is much more beautiful (to me ofcourse)... I recollect seeing one of the pics at your place.. The Springfield Knurl machine finish really looks awesome Dave...

And ofcourse, I did post on the thread how I chose the username :p

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will post the sales thread for the 007 Sapphire tomorrow (Friday the 6th) at noon eastern USA time.

There are a multitude of various configurations. I have some parts ready. The first lights should go out next week. All the lights have Sapphire heads. I have some emitters here in stock and can get them quickly once I find out what people want. In stock emitters: XP-L-Hi is 6000K and 5000K, XM-L2 is 6000K and 5000K. If you know what you want please drop me an email ASAP (some of you already have). There is not really a default emitter for this light. If you are not sure what to get I recommend the XM-L2 as great for all around use. The various finishes are available and we have some of each ready. When they run out, it will not take long to make more because we have the process down. Of course the robot hiccupped the other day but I think it was a bad connector, you never know. In any case it should only take about three days to make any particular finish.

There is an Easter egg in this light and some of my CPF friends know what it is because they were at my place last week for a small get together. They are all sworn to secrecy. The first hints as to how to get to the Easter egg will be published here in about two weeks after the first lights ship. But here is the deal, if you find it before that time please talk to me before posting about it. The Easter egg is not a big deal, it is just for fun.
:naughty: :D :popcorn:

Just a little factoid: the 007 is at its 10 year anniversary from the date I first started its design. I am very excited to get these in your hands.

Cheers
Dave

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
10 years - wow! The pre-dates my joining CPF by 3 years.

I really hope to be able to get one of these new Spy 007s. Don't think I'll be in the first round this time though so hopefully there will be enough to go around for some time to come.

DucS2R

Enlightened
Hey Dave, I sent you an email. My first two bounced but the third appears to have made it. Please let me know if you did not get it. And I have wanted one for 10 years, congrats on the long run! Here's to another 10!

lefteye219

Enlightened
well well well, this thread has gone dead.... My visit to Dave's place was awesome and well I am in line for a drop of light hopefully coming soon:devil:

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
well well well, this thread has gone dead.... My visit to Dave's place was awesome and well I am in line for a drop of light hopefully coming soon:devil:

LOL, "he's not dead, he's just sleeping"

lefteye219 is correct, a new light from Cool Fall for the end of year holidays, the 005 is coming back.

It is a faithful reproduction of the original SPY 005 with the same hi polished head, crystal lens, hi polished curved and fit bezel ring, hi polished fluted knob, smooth fitted battery cap with release pin and a smooth oval soap dish in the body.

Where it is different from the original; all titanium body and battery cap, modern STFu Mk4 converter board, copper heat sink and MCPCB, XP-L-Hi emitter. The original 005 had an aluminum body that was black or natural hard anodized. This new 005 has a stone washed titanium body and battery cap. The knob, body and battery cap are extensively hand worked to be smooth and to minimize machining marks. The soap dish can still hold an O-ring.

More details soon. :tinfoil:

Cheers
Dave

easilyled

Flashaholic
The new 005 sounds very enticing. Just to clarify, is the head and the knob also Ti? In other words, is the whole light Ti?

liteboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL, "he's not dead, he's just sleeping"

lefteye219 is correct, a new light from Cool Fall for the end of year holidays, the 005 is coming back.

It is a faithful reproduction of the original SPY 005 with the same hi polished head, crystal lens, hi polished curved and fit bezel ring, hi polished fluted knob, smooth fitted battery cap with release pin and a smooth oval soap dish in the body.

Where it is different from the original; all titanium body and battery cap, modern STFu Mk4 converter board, copper heat sink and MCPCB, XP-L-Hi emitter. The original 005 had an aluminum body that was black or natural hard anodized. This new 005 has a stone washed titanium body and battery cap. The knob, body and battery cap are extensively hand worked to be smooth and to minimize machining marks. The soap dish can still hold an O-ring.

More details soon. :tinfoil:

Cheers
Dave

I vote for no groove in the soapdish. This was one of the reasons I sold mine. Extra place for dust to accumulate and the edges were too sharp.

scout24

Flashaholic
WOO HOO!!!! I'm in. Teaser pics? I've been using my 005 that Derek installed a 4500k XP-L HI into, and even at 1250mah it's sweet. A stonewashed Ti 005 with current internals will be awesome...

Last edited:

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are we speaking of the same thing, the oval groove for the o-ring?

The oval groove is in the new light too. The new 005 retains that part of the original look. The edges of the groove are rounded by the stone washing.

The striations in the soap dish were a somewhat rare optional feature in a very few of the later 005s.

:tinfoil:

Cheers
Dave