barry bonds will eclipse the babe by mothers day

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast
Manzerick said:
Russ Springer belongs in single A ball. It was a classless move that could have injured Barry. He's still human folks and deserves respect.

It was just wrong and I hope he gets fined, suspended and possibly deported!

Eh, its a part of baseball. Pitchers intentionally throw at others all the time. I promise it wont be the last time he gets thrown at by a pitcher too. They threw at Ensberg, our guy, so we throw back at their guy, Bonds.
Deserves respect? No. He makes a crapload of taxpayer money to play a childs game. I dont think I need to respect ANY player(as a player like LifeNRA said) if I dont want to. Putting the steroids issue at rest, Bonds in the most classless player out there! He is rude to his fellow players and even more so to his fans. He thinks his life is horrible and wants everyone to feel bad for him(Bonds on Bonds)! I can't stand a player like that.
Russ Springer brought life to the game last night. He didn't hurt Bonds. Wasn't trying to. Springer just didn't want anything to happen on his watch. I bet he hit him on the first pitch, "Just a bit outside" rather than the 5th one in.

-Cameron, Russ Springer for Hero of the Day!

metalhed

Enlightened
Ahh, but would you feel the same if Springer had gotten hit a couple of years ago by a ball that Bonds crushed? You know, a line drive off the head maybe?

Knowing that his steroid-assisted swing results in more force on the ball (that's why he hit so many lo-o-o-o-ng homers), would Bonds have felt any responsibility or guilt?

I doubt it.

EVAN_TAD

Newly Enlightened
Don't be a hater. Juice or no juice, 714 is alot of home runs. They never proved that he used steroids.

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
EVAN_TAD said:
Don't be a hater. Juice or no juice, 714 is alot of home runs. They never proved that he used steroids.
Bonds has admitted to using "the clear" and "the cream", both steroids. Google "Bonds admits using steroids" and you will find 100's of articles about it.
And just because some people care about the integrity of the game and do not respect cheaters, no matter who they are, does not mean they hate anyone. The only "hater" I have ever seen in regards to Bonds is Bonds himself. In fact I would go as far as to call some of his comments racist.

Last edited:

BVH

Flashaholic
I'm definitely in the "Barry who" club. I don't think he's got to where he's at fairly or honestly. If he breaks the records, he hasn't broke the records in my book.

LukeK

Enlightened
Can we get a neck diameter comparison on Bonds between now and 5 years ago? :green:

His getting hit in the game doesn't bother me a bit.

MScottz

Newly Enlightened
I'll apologize up front, I haven't read the entire thread, so if this has been mentioned I'm sorry.

Has anyone thought about the fact that Bonds has needed to juice up to meet the record of a fat drunken womanizing slob of a baseball player? Babe was not exactly the type athlete we have today, yet was still an amazing player. It's been said he played drunk during many games, he didn't work out or lift weights. What does that say about the quality of Bonds vs Babe?

Also, I heard the other day, of all the hitters, Bonds is the only one whose hits have gone farther as he's gotten older. NOt exactly a natural progression.

senecaripple

Flashlight Enthusiast
bobisculous said:
I am appreciating the responces on this ESPN poll :D

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/polling?event_id=2178

-C

thanks for the poll! i think springer should just get a fine!

i think balco barry will get his 714 and 715 in oakland!

sure as i'm sitting here typing this one finger at a time, THE SAN FRANCISCO ICON, WHO CAN DO NO WRONG is injecting or ingesting some undetectectable and legal HUMAN GROWTH HORMONES to ensure he accomplishes this feat!

i'm sure the his team mates and the manager wants him to, so they can all move on and focus on the season!

senecaripple

Flashlight Enthusiast
guess he may have to wait until he play in another interleague game for 715!:rant:, question now is what american league team wants him next year, when he becomes a free agent!