Best AA for Travel

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Mine was serial number 00680. I'd be curious to know if they zeros are filled in yet.

I thought it was going to live in my tool chest but I believe it'll live in my travel bag instead.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine was serial number 00680. I'd be curious to know if they zeros are filled in yet.

I thought it was going to live in my tool chest but I believe it'll live in my travel bag instead.
I will let you know,evidently they also come with a headband which I am excited about!

I have been into Right Angle lights recently and have really been having great success EDCing some and these Rofis seem like an ideal way to have it all if as good as some have said.
I have no plan for any ZL to leave my pockets for sure but I am always interviewing new followers too.

The Maker E03 is another AA candidate that is the one I have had in my 5th pocket since getting it,the 22 easy to choose low levels is my favorite feature maybe but that light also has a crazy amount of features in addition to that and has been a perfect backup for me and came in really handy on a recent trip to Montana a few weeks ago as a near perfect Travel light too!

a00c9a6fbe102047316786c23a38761a.jpg

Burgess

Flashaholic
Great thread here !

lovecpf

I am ALSO a BIG FAN of 47's Quarks in AA size,
so I can totally relate !

Keep in mind --
Prometheus is planning on bringing out
an "updated" version of 47's Quarks !

Myself, and many others,
are now patiently waiting . . . . .

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
The R2 looks an awful lot like that E02. Same clip.

So the headband adapter the R2 comes with may be the perfect companion for your E02.

Here is the R2 without the clip.
IMG-20190421-130458.jpg

I added a glow in the dark silicone ring.

Shows charge method.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got the Manker though with Headband too!

The R2 looks an awful lot like that E02. Same clip.

So the headband adapter the R2 comes with may be the perfect companion for your E02.

Here is the R2 without the clip.
IMG-20190421-130458.jpg

I added a glow in the dark silicone ring.

Shows charge method.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I have D25A Clicky Ti and it rocks. Not my primary light when I go out but always bring it with me as it's so small I don't even know I have it on me

bignc

Enlightened
I love my Malkoff m31ll219b from illumn dot com. Personally, if I went Aa, I would have a fleet of md1.5, mdc 1aa and 2aa tubes and all of those drop in's from full output down to LLL. If I wanted other than single mode, I'd get the MDC Neutral heads (or 219b.)

Otherwise.... peak Logan.

Climb14er

Enlightened
My travel light since it was introduced is the ZL SC52cw. Great light! Reliable, small, variable lumens, Alkalines, 14500's, Eneloops. What's there not to like?

Bicycleflyer

Enlightened
If you can still find one, the Nitecore SRT3 is a good choice. I've traveled the globe with mine. Can use CR123, AA, or 14500. Best performance is with 14500.

You may wish to consider an 18650 powered light. There are a lot of batteries that now include a micro USB port for charging so you don't even have to carry a charger. I use one in my Malkoff and it's great. If you already carry a charger and micro usb cord, then your set.

I am also a big fan of Malkoff lights. You cannot go wrong. You can get 20% off if you sign up for the newsletter. In addition use code 42x86p you get 15% off. I just used that one yesterday to order myself a new AA model.

Good luck.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
So the Rofis showed up this morning and I have been running it through the rest of the day and I have to say this is a really compelling little light!

Only time will tell if it rugged and reliable enough for me but so far the whole convertible head thing is just amazing.
How could this not be more popular?

162ac5e05b21b1d0691cdecf1b074e74.jpg
8654f883b8b1c9ee32737531242cb9ac.jpg
d160c5aa41ea21ad5eaaec3f3b99dccb.jpg

So here it is being sized for a Diffuser in my sizing bar.

8f29cfca28333b75ee6bad3852ae3673.jpg

I drill that size hole in a clear 35mm film canister and they are transformed into a Lamp!
Now I just have to remember where I hide the stash of canisters?

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
So the Rofis showed up this morning and I have been running it through the rest of the day and I have to say this is a really compelling little light!

Only time will tell if it rugged and reliable enough for me but so far the whole convertible head thing is just amazing.
How could this not be more popular?

Your right that is compelling. I've looked many times. Looking more interesting....
Please leave feedback after using it a while.
Kinda reminds me of some Nebo lights.
Innovative !

I have to ask, how many lights do I need[emoji16]

Last edited:

JStraus

Newly Enlightened
I always travel with my Zebralight SC5c MKII. It has a great moonlight and produces a lot of light for it's size too. For travel I've never needed to replace the battery but it's just used for basic needs and runs all night on the nightstand without issue (battery-wise.)