Best AA for Travel

Illumination

Flashlight Enthusiast
For travel and hotel stays I like something with a super low mode that I can leave on and find easily in the middle of the night. Ti3 is the cheap route and a Zebra AA is the mighty route.

Yes low low is really important. My non-flashholic wife likes to just leave the bathroom light on with the door ajar. Way to much light for me... I always thought the best thing about sleeping in a hotel was the darkness from the blackout shades...

Illumination

Flashlight Enthusiast
i bought the Eagtac D3A in Nichia 2019 and Zebra SC5c. Like them both with a slight preference for the Eagtac because the switching feels intuitive to me (LMH with the head loosened, Turbo / Flash with it tightened).

Unfortunately there is something wrong with mine -- sometimes it doesn't switch on without repeated tries. Unfortunately have to get it replaced

In either case happy to have a new travel light!

Jimmyboots

Enlightened
In my opinion it's the first gen Malkoff MDC. 1-3v with 200/60/strobe settings and runs on AA's and cr123's.

Its basically why I would love a single output AA from them.

This thread does make me want a Peak Logan however. Maybe in HA Aluminum.

fD9f5kl.jpg

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you have the budget for it, the Malkoff MDC AA is an excellent travel light. The modes are perfect. The clip is the best I've ever seen on a flashlight. The mode selection UI sounds unusual, but in practice is works very well.

A cheaper option is the Fenix e12. It doesn't have a clip and the low mode isn't as low, but it's a solid light with good performance. It's one of the smallest AA lights with a clickie.

--flatline

Jimmyboots

Enlightened
Now I'm curious about the Logan 17500. Does anyone know if it will run on a AA without the adapter?