EV charging cables cut by copper "recyclers"

A wise man understands honey will attract more flies than vinegar, and conducts himself accordingly.

Conversely, only a fool believes he will accomplish anything worthwhile by utilizing insults.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

In December 2022, we had 5 days of partial sunshine or better for the month. only FIVE!!!!!!!!!
Some areas cannot do solar for consistent electricity generation,, solar is only a supplement for most areas.

I personally have a fair amount of solar equipment, around 1000Ah of LFP batteries, approx. 1.5kW of panels,,, did everything myself, made cables etc.

mrfixitman, don't try to come across as the smartest person in the room,, you'll lose.

Last edited:

mrfixitman

Enlightened
+

In December 2022, we had 5 days of partial sunshine or better for the month. only FIVE!!!!!!!!!
Some areas cannot do solar for consistent electricity generation,, solar is only a supplement for most areas.

I personally have a fair amount of solar equipment, around 1000Ah of LFP batteries, approx. 1.5kW of panels,,, did everything myself, made cables etc.

mrfixitman, don't try to come across as the smartest person in the room,, you'll lose.
If someone is spreading lies, or untruths, I can't help myself. I have to contradict the falsehood. However, I do know more than those spreading BS.
Even in poor conditions you get something. What about the rest of the year. If you have batteries and TOU meter you could in theory buy low and sell high. Or store low use later. Grid mixed with solar and batteries gives you a lot of options.

Some people don't want to convert their home into a service station.

Some people don't want to convert the roof of their home into an ugly-@ss solar panel nor their spare room/garage into a battery storage area.

Some people consider the ROI and life expectancy of a solar system not worth the above-stated objections.

I believe in - Live and let live. Your choices end at your property line.

mrfixitman

Enlightened
If someone is spreading lies, or untruths, I can't help myself. I have to contradict the falsehood. However, I do know more than those spreading BS.
Even in poor conditions you get something. What about the rest of the year. If you have batteries and TOU meter you could in theory buy low and sell high. Or store low use later. Grid mixed with solar and batteries gives you a lot of options.
https://www.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN2AG2MF/ here is the real danger. Hydrogen.

mrfixitman

Enlightened
Some people don't want to convert their home into a service station.

Some people don't want to convert the roof of their home into an ugly-@ss solar panel nor their spare room/garage into a battery storage area.

Some people consider the ROI and life expectancy of a solar system not worth the above-stated objections.

I believe in - Live and let live. Your choices end at your property line.
I believe in your right to do that, as silly as that is. When it is financially advantageous, you probably will do it willingly. However Ima Sol Man and the EV chargers at gas stations is a bad idea is just ignorance and unfounded fear. Hydrogen is the real danger. https://www.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN2AG2MF/

raggie33

*the raggedier*
once a wise man said to me ( a man with a choclate bar in his pocket will never get fleas) then he bit me and ran into the woods. im sure you all understand my point

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Once again, human factor is ignored, of course chargers will be vandalized, or people will simply park on front of them for days, with cars that are not electric. In some areas you just can't have nice things, or it is not so much an area, but its inhabitants.

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Once again, human factor is ignored, of course chargers will be vandalized, or people will simply park on front of them for days, with cars that are not electric. In some areas you just can't have nice things, or it is not so much an area, but its inhabitants.
Yup! Buy up a bunch of junk cars, and fill up all the charging stations with 'em, just to **** off the Greenie Weenies with their EVs! 🤬😈😝

mrfixitman

Enlightened
Cars parked at chargers not charging are towed. Advocating such behavior is impolite.

mrfixitman

Enlightened
Yup! Buy up a bunch of junk cars, and fill up all the charging stations with 'em, just to **** off the Greenie Weenies with their EVs! 🤬😈😝
I thought you had me on ignore? Seems like a lot of trouble to go through to block the best selling vehicles in the world. 50% sales in 2025. 70% in 2027. That's where the S curve is going. Just a year away. The Chinese have friends in other parts of the world. That's where they sell their high quality vehicles. You wanna give them an advantage? Embracing what is good is an advantage. Time to give up the potbelly stove...unless you burn wood.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
The thieves will also steal copper wiring and plumbing out of vacant homes that are for sale. I've seen it around here quite a bit.
My friends were able to buy a house for less than 50% of saleable value due to the copper water lines, romex, furnace and even hot water heater having been stripped out of the house. Bank was actually happy to find someone willing to take the place off their hands at that point.

Once, and only once, I made the mistake of asking where the hot water heater replacement parts were in our local Home Depot. My question was answered with - "We don't have any hot water heaters or parts for hot water heaters. We only stock cold water heaters." Then the two employees I'd asked looked at each other and snickered. Once, and only once have I asked about such a device. :twak:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
It was an honest question, and they should have behaved more professionally. Two days ago, as I was about to end my shift, a young woman returned to the security desk. Initially I had directed her to the room she needed for her appointment. Apparently she heard "Last" elevator, instead of "Glass" elevator. This caused her to get badly lost until she returned to the desk where I politely corrected her.... No snickering involved.