Feedback/impressions on the PhD-M6 custom battery pack

Steve in SoCal

Enlightened
The new black packs look awesome!!

Just finished my first set of batteries on an MN61 at 9.2v. :twothumbs Pulled the pack once it flipped to moon mode, all three cells were 3.68v-3.69v. I consider that perfect timing.

DM51

Flashaholic
The Stealth pack! :twothumbs

Now I'll bet you get someone who wants one in orange GITD delrin, lol.

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast
The new black packs look awesome!!

Just finished my first set of batteries on an MN61 at 9.2v. :twothumbs Pulled the pack once it flipped to moon mode, all three cells were 3.68v-3.69v. I consider that perfect timing.

How many minutes of runtime did you get with the MN61 before moon mode kicked in?

KAO0313

Newly Enlightened
Will the purchase to an earlier version of the user ... will sell the new version of the protection of driver board Black Delrin. Let users buy. To drive a more perfect plate protection? .. Will sell no driver board A5 Black Delrin for the user to change it? I love black. If there is to sell what would be the price?
Excuse me .... again ... If in the old sales line. Has commissioned friends to buy a PhD-M6 custom battery pack. But now it seems the price of your new lines $ 195. Than the old sales line plus buy Custom 195 $ + 20 $ cheaper ... so how to do?

wquiles

Flashaholic
Will the purchase to an earlier version of the user ... will sell the new version of the protection of driver board Black Delrin. Let users buy. To drive a more perfect plate protection? .. Will sell no driver board A5 Black Delrin for the user to change it? I love black. If there is to sell what would be the price?
Excuse me .... again ... If in the old sales line. Has commissioned friends to buy a PhD-M6 custom battery pack. But now it seems the price of your new lines $ 195. Than the old sales line plus buy Custom 195 $ + 20 $ cheaper ... so how to do?

Eric and I are making parts for complete packs only, so currently no individual parts are available for sale. And yes, the current final price for the Black Edition PhD-M6 pack is cheaper than first announced, since there are no Paypal fees and no customization fees. Price will be $195 plus shipping. I will open the new sales thread shortly.

Will

KAO0313

Newly Enlightened
I know that the new sales line is 195 $ ... but I use a custom 195 $ + 20 $. A total of $ 215. In the old sales line to find a friend to help me buy has ....-.-" late I should buy. ... I think ... I can buy $ 195 PhD-M6 custom battery pack. can save $ 20 can get my favorite black ...... instead of $ 215 to buy PhD- M6 custom battery pack ......

wquiles

Flashaholic
I know that the new sales line is 195 $ ... but I use a custom 195 $ + 20 $. A total of $ 215. In the old sales line to find a friend to help me buy has ....-.-" late I should buy. ... I think ... I can buy $ 195 PhD-M6 custom battery pack. can save $ 20 can get my favorite black ...... instead of $ 215 to buy PhD- M6 custom battery pack ......

I am not sure I follow what you are trying to tell me. Can you please send me email (in my signature)?

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 on offering an all black version, looks really sharp! The larger opening for switches looks a little more user friendly too. Nice job simplifying the prices. Great improvements all around!

Troop#26

Newly Enlightened
Its amazing to see that this product is already going through revisions and improvements (it was already so good). The BLACK is an amazing look!

There is but one problem Will... I only have one M6!

Simply beautiful!

Stephen

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
The Stealth pack! :twothumbs

Now I'll bet you get someone who wants one in orange GITD delrin, lol.

Wha-wha-whatttt? We can get orange glow in the dark Delrin? Oh perfect for Halloween.

Will, what about a Clapper PhD-M6? You clap twice for on; twice more for off. That would be a hit at parties.

Someone should make a clear Delrin (or some other plastic) flashlight so you can see all the parts. Would have to run a ground strip up front.

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
For the bulbs listed in the Excel spreadsheet with a range for the recommended voltage (i.e., all of the bulbs except for 1331 and 1185), what voltage was used in calculating discharge rate and heat factor, which presumably lead to the estimates for run time and max continuous run time.

Troop#26

Newly Enlightened
We will continue to use this thread for discussion/feedback/impressions/etc.
Thanks again for all of your support ;)

Hi Will (and everyone else too):

My PHD-M6 hasn't shown up yet, but Im thinking tomorrow! Anyway... I had always intended to do a very detailed review of the PHD-M6, something akin to what DM51 did with M6 and rechargeable options a while back here and then again continued here. DM51 also gave "mad respect" to adamlau and what he did in an urban setting with the M6 here.

Anyway... with your (and all those that helped you Eric et al) amazing product , I decided to shake that up a little. Now I certainly don't have the collection that DM51 has (jealous :nana:) and my case is not a nice Pellican case but a cardboard box. But I have a few lights and a few bulb options and Im rural enough that this should be a slice. So for everyone to see and judge I present the Even M Series with a guest appearance by Pila featuring Lumens Factory. Should be fun!

Might take me a couple of days, and I need to round up a digital range finder. I might even bug a few of the guys at work and get some other lights out as well!!! Time will tell!

Anyway... just wanted to let you know, I have plans for your pretty! :devil:

Stephen

wquiles

Flashaholic
Hi Will (and everyone else too):

My PHD-M6 hasn't shown up yet, but Im thinking tomorrow!

Wow - it certainly has been a while. Looking at my receipt for shipping, your package left on Aug 13th, via USPS Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Box. Unfortunately with Priority International there is no tracking, so I have no way to know where the package might be. I have heard of several times where packages to Canada get delayed due to customs stuff, but I do hope that you will get your package soon. Please do keep me posted.

Will

Troop#26

Newly Enlightened
Wow - it certainly has been a while. Looking at my receipt for shipping, your package left on Aug 13th, via USPS Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Box. Unfortunately with Priority International there is no tracking, so I have no way to know where the package might be. I have heard of several times where packages to Canada get delayed due to customs stuff, but I do hope that you will get your package soon. Please do keep me posted.

Will
Heh... got to remember this isn't just Canada this is Canada North. Away from the major centres takes a lot longer than it should!

Im not worried yet! When the order from Lumens Factory in Hong Kong that I ordered a few days after you sent the PHD-M6 out shows up then I will worry!

Stephen

oldways

Enlightened
Fellow PhDM6ers

I am loving the bright long runs I am getting on the MN61.

Will I love the way it snaps into moon mode and the moon is quite useful.

Mine moons at 3.5 to 3.58v.

Last edited:

wquiles

Flashaholic
Fellow PhDM6ers

I am loving the bright long runs I am getting on the MN61.

Will I love the way it snaps into moon mode and the moon is quite useful.

Mine moons at 3.5 to 3.58v.

Yes, the Moon mode is very useful ;)

I also like my MN61 setup. Here in TX, specially now in the Summer time (105F high temps - very hot!) the MN21 is just too darn hot to hold for more than a few minutes. The MN20 is much easier to hold on for long periods, but the MN61 just does about everything right: It is not too hard on the cells, gives great runtime, it is brighter than the MN20, while only being marginally hotter on the M6's body - this bulb and PhD-M6 pack simply hits a happy balance :D

Last edited: