Gray hair. What happened?

McGizmo

Flashaholic
I started getting a sun roof in my early 20's. Since it was on the top and back of my head I never noticed it until I saw a picture of someone with my first wife, shot from the rear, while they were walking up a dock ramp, The "first" lost it when I asked her who it was in the picture with her and she finally was able to get out, between gasps for air, that it was me. I had no idea that there was that heli-pad up there! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif Since then, in lieu of turning gray, for the most part, my folicles just leave the scalp at night and relocate either in my nose, ears or on my back. I do have some die hards in my beard that have gone gray. I know that I am still young at heart because "little don" is surrounded by healthy and happy hair that is the same in thickness and color that it was in my youth. I bet I could have left that last sentence out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif

Oh yeah, I am so vain that I have been using some dog clippers and a vacuum system to cut my own hair for about 20 years now. The hair is all the same length, including the hair on my neck when I remember to suck it in with the clipper-vac.

Greta

Flashaholic
Don... well... I just don't know what to say... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif ... I think it's official that I know entirely too much about you now... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

TheBeam

Enlightened
Has anybody tried any of that grey go away stuff, any brand, does it work? (I'm only asking out of curiosity, not need). I'd like to try some out to uh, test it out.

simbad

Enlightened
Well, my wife really likes my 41's grey hair, I have them only above the ears, but my dads hair is pure white like a Luxeon and he is only 19 years older than me! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
Icebreak said:
Craig -

I liked it when your hair was red/orange and cyan. Light brown works for you though.

[/ QUOTE ]
I just dyed my hair a pinkish fire engine red; a two-step process. First, bleach. Second, color.
Once I douche it out in the tub and let it dry (the rinsing is five to ten minutes from now), I'll post a photograph in this post. With my face blacked out this time, since I do not photograph very well anymore. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

(Edit, 9:44pm PDT)
And here's the picture.

pink99.jpg

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif :toliet: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

verbie

Enlightened
you people crack me up!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif ehem...sorry, white hair is not funny business /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif well, i started noticing white hair, yes, pure white not grey, when i was in high school. as years passed, sometimes i would have less and sometimes i would have more of them. don't know why. could it be lack of nutrients? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
My moustache used to be red but with the passage of time it has gone pure white. My dad had dark hair right up to his death, just a bit thinner, mine is remaining a light brown/dirty blond and just recently started greying at the temples but a regular haircut gets rid of the grey for awhile. I too believe God has a sense of humor as we age where there was hair it is leaving, where there wasn't hair its arriving.