Incoming - What do you have coming in the mail??

Oh boy.... A whole bunch O stuff.... again!
Sticking to flashlights: Sofirn SP35T, and Sofirn SC02.

With the SP35T, I want to see just how good a sub-$40 branded Tactical light can be.

5x Coast PM310R
Bought one; wanted more. Is on sale from a local E-tailer, and it includes the Coast ZX955 21700 cell - a battery which on the same site is sold separately for ~$9 more than the light + battery combo.

I thought you were going to put on the brakes until the Sofirn arrived!

I had to look up the Coast work light. Actually pretty nice design with really impressive runtime: 7.5 hours of 1000 lumens, NICE! Dual fuel capable for the impending apocalypse. Neat magnetic handle. $29 on the Coast site, but the same insane brand markup $25 (!!!!) for the 21700 cell. So I deduce you must have gotten the combo at $15/piece. That's a phenomenal value. But FIVE.... 1,2,3,4.... FIVE of them, wow!
Should've gotten two more and labeled them for each day of the week. Today I'm using Mr. Coast Thursday....

I applaud your enthusiasm but urge some restraint until you've thoroughly used your huge variety of new lights. I really would like to hear your impressions of which you favor the most.

Cheers to you!

I thought you were going to put on the brakes until the Sofirn arrived!

I had to look up the Coast work light. Actually pretty nice design with really impressive runtime: 7.5 hours of 1000 lumens, NICE! Dual fuel capable for the impending apocalypse. Neat magnetic handle. $29 on the Coast site, but the same insane brand markup $25 (!!!!) for the 21700 cell. So I deduce you must have gotten the combo at $15/piece.
So was I, friend, so was I...
The Emisar's will arrive possibly today, and the Sofirns are still TBA with the domestic postal service.
EDIT: BOOO!!! There was no Emisar parcel in the mail box today! :'(

This is where I bought the Coast PM310's (Norwegian site):

279 NOK equals about $26.75 (per lamp with battery), which to me is a great(!) price, considering anything I buy internationally comes with a customs fee, +25 % import tax on both the product value and the shipping cost.

I bought one to have as a backup in case my Streamlight Knucklehead ever fails, and when I tested it, it worked great for my needs, with even more flexibility than the Knucklehead.

But I did not expect the way overpriced Coast ZX955 (seriously, why can't they just label it as a 21700...) to be included. I presume that's what the "R" suffix means in the description, but I cannot find a reference to the PM310R anywhere else. However, the included ZX955 isn't mentioned anywhere in the description, so that was a surprise to me, and a big part of the reason why I bought more of them. My mother also wanted one to keep in the car.

The ZX955 is really long for a 21700 though. It has internal USB-C charging (which I hate), and it measured nearly 78 mm. Tried with a Nitecore NL2150 (protected button-top, 75 mm) in the PM310, and that worked just fine. But there was clearly less tension in the spring with the Nitecore.

The second Fireflies will be a gift for my mother. She occasionally does some detail work, but her eyesight isn't what it used to be, so when I wanted her to try my PL47U to see if that helped, she loved it. Moms deserve the best, so...that's a PL47U for her.

The Fenix lights were ordered locally, and are expected to arrive on Monday next week.

I'll see what I can do about pictures. I got a decent DSLR, but I'm not used to do low-light shots (like beam shots). I can do product shots, but where should I post them?.

Last edited:
@PaladinNO

Enduring the mailbox wait state ritual, I see....

When you have your light armada assembled, photographed and manage a few outdoor beamshots you should just open your own new thread here in the General subforum and post the pictures there. also describe your favorites and why.

I even made a title for you but it is far too long:

" vår mann i Norge. en vridd fortelling om overforbruk av mange lys og forsvinnende formuer. også en veldig god sønn for sin mor. "

Your new official Title shall be:

Erkehertug av Lumens

By the way, I saw in the homebuilt computer thread you have the most amazing home setup I have ever seen. It is God Tier from my perspective. Utmost respect for your design and integration skills. I'm amazed and bewildered by the collection of motherboards you have adorning the back wall, like game trophies... except it seems one of them is wired! If you would be so kind I have many questions about it if I could start a "conversation" to know more I would greatly appreciate your knowledge.

Oh, and quite modestly today I received my only 2024 purchase. Keeping it very simple. A Convoy S6 with 5000K SFT40. A knock around all purpose light with a nice balanced beam and good throw.

@Ocelot808
"Erkehertug av Lumens" - thank you, I am blatantly taking that title. Or, rather, gracefully accepting it. xD

No idea whether you ran that description through Google Translate or if you have knowledge of the viking languages, but that is very grammatically accurate. Also plain truth. Thank you again. :)

As for the motherboards, yeah, they are literally game trophies! As in hunting trophies...because all those motherboards are ones I've killed myself and had stuffed on the wall, all 6 of them, before I knew what I was doing. I'm keeping them on the wall as a reminder not to be stupid or take shortcuts regarding ESD when building a PC - also, as a tech nerd, I enjoy them as...unusual art.

I assume you mean this thread?
3rd thank you. I did a stint as an interiour carpenter some years back. And I've been trying to integrate those skills with my passion for computer tech.
No LEDs in the desk...yet. I got ideas, but nothing solid yet.

Got a couple more pics here:

The wires are going to a regular PC power supply that I've hotwired, and run 12 VDC cables up the stairs to a deadman switch by the door, and back down to a LED-bar in my room. The door opens, and the LED-bar lights up, and I get a silent visual notification that someone's entered the house. I have no chance to hear the bell chime when I'm watching a movie in my basement tech center.

I hope that answered your questions? Feel free to PM me if there was something specific you were curious about.

Last edited:
I thought I had a Mag Marquis coming in the mail. Then the collector I bought it from tells me he can't find it after I've paid.
That one is really rare.

I read about it a few years back and thought wth, let's see if eBay has one. Sure enough within a few minutes I found on in London England for $25+ $19 shipping. Dude said he was vacationing in California and bought it new.

I traded it for a gold plated brass minimag then later traded that for a gold plated 3aa Brinkmann Legend prototype.

See post #102 pardon the pix.

Did you get the FB group light or no?
Yeah, its the FB Groupbuy one.
I missed out on the buy, don't really do FB, but a generous member here put up an unused one from round two of that buy and I was lucky enough to be in the position to snag it.
Malkoffs are my bread and butter torches, so I'm happy to run across one w/ my favorite emitter for normal out and about carry.

Yeah, its the FB Groupbuy one.
I missed out on the buy, don't really do FB, but a generous member here put up an unused one from round two of that buy and I was lucky enough to be in the position to snag it.
Malkoffs are my bread and butter torches, so I'm happy to run across one w/ my favorite emitter for normal out and about carry.
Nice! I love mine, I got the dedomed 519 and it's one of my most carried lights. Only wish it had a true moon light mode.

Attachments

• 20240103_112625.jpg
    20240103_112625.jpg
    829.3 KB · Views: 58
Nice! I love mine, I got the dedomed 519 and it's one of my most carried lights. Only wish it had a true moon light mode.
Thats the one I got, the dedomed 519a, so that's great to hear.
I have the 16650 MDC XP-L neutral on order as well. If I like these as much as I assume I will, I might round it out w/ a CR123a MDC, if only for all available options ready at hand.