Masks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nbp

Flashaholic
NBP- Cannondale bike frame? I've been rocking that buzz cut (with what's left) for many years... :crackup:

I used to do a lot of cycling in my late teens and early twenties. I got that on ebay way back. It's a Cannondale frame in cutaway view/halved with stickers on it showing all the various construction techniques used to build the frames in the factory. I think it was a promotional piece for a bike shop at one time. It makes for great wall art as it lays flat so it ends up as art in various places. Right now it decorates one of the walls in my little office.

Indeed, the buzz is definitely low maintenance!

My Space Invaders mask was plenty comfortable to wear for several hours today, so that was good.

ven

Flashaholic
I think scout asked about fogging of glasses. Today we have been given new glasses in work which are anti fog. The brand is Riley and look quite expensive for a safety glass. Will upload pic in afternoon (about 8hrs). They work anyway, impressed. We have to wear these at all times with the mask now on.

Cheers , stay safe CPF

Poppy

Flashaholic
I think scout asked about fogging of glasses. Today we have been given new glasses in work which are anti fog. The brand is Riley and look quite expensive for a safety glass. Will upload pic in afternoon (about 8hrs). They work anyway, impressed. We have to wear these at all times with the mask now on.

Cheers , stay safe CPF
Ven,
I hope those fog free glasses work.

When I wear my goggles with my yellow (see better night vision glasses) I look like an Ant Man, especially if I have a hood on. I notice that a couple of people LOOK, but don't stare. Whatever.. I don't care.

At any rate, regarding fogging glasses, If I were to wear this regularly, I would ruin my glasses, and cut the bridge of them to make them fit the nose piece better so that they would sit lower.

Come to think of it, I do have inexpensive clear safety glasses, that I might alter.

Regarding the exhaust on this pair of respirator, the breath exhaust is at the bottom, so as to reduce glass fogging.

Jf1RhZlV0_XJPGHhN8p--WshRZw-H2Ugp7B1bRL46LFMkYIV62sDY8RXibHFpue6mqtve971rlwZ5xgZHobKvJt0sUUM00rvqlS6Xscr-T5JjHaTzBYWWXGMXdkYnOnw2Ft9xnR3yYgqi9lRLxp-Jy1z6hH3LUhWQm1GhF8xf5yo6rF_9R4cUwmdiyvm0aJag_7zoxumxMlylcurjGZ7IC_PHIl4zs7E2V_CjDCKBJuAES7OHnbrED6kai7YFcWgA8rgx_-z0zbj6jXelaplUdhDjGpn-4LXZcaCqZ-iAPc5GP-PzPx4xLKdJ1pIVSRHNkoQVqYtzG-g1GWpZ5y63M3Ns8NyxnoGbR4bZ37yPkglNZQMhXqSD3PQ3lijJzteuoKkH3n3Y0i4v7wYM34Y2mHTKChgMaWWlpawoOp21l9oluJADY3-BiFoDJlHEG-EjV0_xnnqYWkZd6l5QIWHw1-cwMn4z-DnAtgVXuXvnBcQM50kUbdbEqO9z_m41mH32i2LjgYn_ulPlRAPm9TT67S6VTeSb71fR3oOg1-pm9s3Wleh6Ho_YC3bvwcnkhspcADiuevMKltsSJTSGowHfbo9n5JUhNYdEG7XCU_QEiN8Fc8WuDehl02PLMp1pezGZ2HSl_L7dFQAIJ5u_ZvUCKSq-Zrtwj48779tMjP3TLtQK0r0o6xzMJibTH046A=w711-h757-no

bxSOrQs6eDgC1IYH7LbZj3pqPdYsQJvgdG4TZCzlF3ombS0fK3jwLenhTn-Zm-RiuLpkGJGtXm6IWVQOITvd1jg1xEjkdDBAh5d8ija1WuLI0iaKGz4cN_qeQiWguKOyEKz40SuuOvK3u4M1VMp3jvMO7DbSwE7gStiWrYORNPlXbpEKGZawfPXJ0G7CMOVMKjAW5X9uy3g6G1PNYMqbvX2vd0Pg2jotOhszlDxMWwosVw90t6bC6XtOs8wcMjqk5pDDFlXlocGGu0aXE6z1Z9Rm4wQ-M62QdlkBz6UhDamkob2FZhhkTjSxmVDhEicUY0BVvPsKwhaD5skiT9DCt8ufjLtHeai3mP4_drOee8rosRxs7C8ne2ojj1QghM7_nqDmfFEQikQ1J5m8cFbAylhKtLIapAYl7M76GgCHcdhN8E0ufBH263JD0jLfFoXY9UotEEPMxDbf4j7Kmux9KNlrAMqyF1WdvcFypgAnLbvulFnvRKcxHCIDI0ItLKuF6SwmJ3k09fnU02TXNd6ee8C1icWsxZ-d-vddj_qCrqjpEE1a0ajcmpejl2rh9bKQ0e3HLiRyS2QoyUlWpAFKzWAVmmGhtDTF9yqrSFLZN1xVEwGvoxMtqZTFPt-jAQIH-aKy4_pLRkKc9HaJzXgORjjmVUMOBoNeAT46L_iolVTiAQtXEswJPTa28vIVtw=w754-h757-no

scout24

Flashaholic
I used to do a lot of cycling in my late teens and early twenties. I got that on ebay way back. It's a Cannondale frame in cutaway view/halved with stickers on it showing all the various construction techniques used to build the frames in the factory. I think it was a promotional piece for a bike shop at one time. It makes for great wall art as it lays flat so it ends up as art in various places. Right now it decorates one of the walls in my little office.

Indeed, the buzz is definitely low maintenance!

My Space Invaders mask was plenty comfortable to wear for several hours today, so that was good.

Cool! 👍 And thanks, Ven. Looking forward to pics.

ven

Flashaholic
I will post a few pics in an hour or so.
Hopefully allowed , here is a quick link to the said glasses .
I can delete if not
https://www.riley-eyewear.com/safety-glasses/stream

I have had them on for near 8hrs, there has been ever so slight fogging at times on the outer edges . But it's a huge improvement over the other safety glasses. It's a recommend from me so far, it's not been an issue all day . Quite impressed !

Now in the description I noticed it mentioned an anti fogging coating applied to both sides. So it's got me thinking, can this be purchased and applied to normal glasses? If so, that might be worth a go to.

ven

Flashaholic
Thanks for the link, I'll read up on them later.

Your welcome, here is a few pics, warning......may contain a good luckin *beep*:p

VQP7hH1l.jpg

8FBWhO4l.jpg

7pdLtO5l.jpg

V6F3Qvml.jpg

3ViN7VSl.jpg

loak3PCl.jpg

There are string attachments for the stems, so can hang around neck. Also a nice little bag to keep them safe in.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Mrs Fixer was at it again.

5965-A8-B8-5-BA5-4299-AF0-B-08618-E9-E5014.jpg

This time the ear cover quick remove type with a personal touch.
Note, the non-fog'd glasses thanks to a minty fresh coating of Colgate tootpaste.

DC5-E16-E9-1342-489-A-9402-1144508-C5400.jpg

Here's the liner.
I had 2 odd sized filters going unused so, why not?

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I remember Rain-X anti fog works on under water goggles but in a pinch the toothpaste trick is so far so good.
Probably have to retreat each time I clean my glasses I suppose.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
A lady at work who supplies our personal protective equipment asked if I needed masks for our project staff. I said "sure" basically knowing we're covered (no pun intended). She asked what we have been using up to now. I showed her the mask I posted in #90. She did the whole "where, how much" and all that.

Mrs Fixer did one more. This one the words are hidden until it is deployed.
F7-EDC708-B137-466-F-BC14-A370-F0-BD83-DA.jpg

The bottom one.
The top one is mine and after a few days required a second stitch along the bottom.

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I considered that early on Ven but the essential personnel thing was a hit with my comrads. So we made more. I was the designer, she was the fabricator.
Several folks have "essential personnel" stickers plastered on vehicles, tractors and what not as well. Folks mentioned marketing but Mrs Fixer and I were paid way more than money with the smiles and thank you's.

47356-DD3-AEDB-4014-BA5-C-A7472091-EDA5.jpg

I keep one fastened to my shirt via a top button so it can be quickly deployed. Much more comfy than the draped around my neck thing. When wearing it makes my ears all poke out like but if I'm wearing a mask it's for over fashion any day.

Last edited:

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Several folks have "essential personnel" stickers plastered on vehicles, tractors and what not as well.

I've got mixed feelings on that. I'm "essential" per the CISA guidelines, performing systems support for applications that provision critical communications infrastructure. Save for the fact I haven't been to the office for nearly 2 months, my job hasn't much skipped a beat. In fact my vehicle is averaging weeks per gallon as little as I go any further than 200 meters from my house on foot. And based on what I'm seeing, all I accomplished by printing out said letter was sacrificing toner, paper, and some watt hours. As such I'd feel a little silly donning such a thing as a reasonably well-compensated IT professional in a stable role risking pretty much nothing working from home.

There are certainly others out there for whom there's some new sense of purpose suddenly being cast an essential employee, some recognition of the necessary roles they play in society, and possibly winning some respect for what can be thankless, invisible, dangerous - even at the best of times - and poorly-compensated jobs in our economy. So if an OTR truck driver, sanitation worker, lineman, grocery store clerk, hospital employee, maintenance personnel, etc dons the badge good for them.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
The stickers started as a joke on my end. When I received a congratulations from a government agency stating since we in the construction industry have shown we can meet the governments guidelines we have earned the priveledge to keep our jobs.
Then there was the period we had to don our papers showing that we had the legal right to be out of our homes.

I handed out stickers to grocery clerks, ems workers, truck drivers, drug store workers and the mailman as thank you cards. It's not some self importance badge. If anything it's a way of saying to the government "You need me a lot worse than I need you right now".

Dave_5280

Newly Enlightened
I bought some masks online and filed the receipt as a claim on my pretax flexible spending account at work and was reimbursed. I'm going to try the same with hand sanitizer and gloves next.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
My company wrote us an email saying certain "over the counter" items formerly not covered were allowble during the pandemic. No list was attached but it told me you may be right Dave.

But they are providing those of us not working from home masks, wipes and hand sanitizer. I only use the clorox wipes they provide because I already had masks and home made purrel. I just add the stuff to my medicine closet for next years cold and flu season. The masks they provide are not very good so I'll use those next pollen season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts