Pelican HA3 vs streamlight 2L

picard

Flashlight Enthusiast
It doesn't matter if you don't have gladius. Can you tell us how far does the beam throw? Is there much sidespill? I know that Pelican tends to make their light with narrow beam. I pelican supersabre light. It can really throw far but the bezel is too tight to turn it on. It is not suitable light for people with arthritis.

not2bright

Enlightened
picard said:
Can you tell us how far does the beam throw? Is there much sidespill?

It throws about like a 3D Mag focused to spot, with a much better color, and no artifacts. It is suprising how similar the output and throw is to a 3D Mag with the DB-3W, but is a sixth of the size and weight with no artifacts. The PM6 HA 3W produces a hot spot with a useable spill. The spill isn't super bright but quite useable with for peripheral vision. Great combination of having a spot for distance with spill for close range.

Like I said the HA 3W it is a great light, but the 1W M6 LED is a great light for the price. I hope to get another 1W PM6 so I can have one in each car, the Mag with DB-3W in my Jeep, and the HA 3W for emergency use. I have the HA 3W in the Pelican 1040 case from BatteryStation. It has a cutout for a PM6 and 12 cr123. Great thing to have on hand in an emergency. I figure 14 cr123 would get you about 24 hours of good light. And all of it is in a waterproof case that will float.

pilot4x4

Enlightened
not2bright,
Any idea how the runtime of your 1 watt compares to the 3 watt? The 1 watt isn't regulated is it? I wonder how the 1 watt will do on Pilas. John

not2bright

Enlightened
Pilot4x4,

No idea on the run time comparison. The 1W went directly in my wife's car for emergency use. Thankfully it has not been needed.

Like I said I still plan to order another 1W and will do some compaisons.

I believe you have it correct, 1W unregulated, 3W regulated.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does the pm6 3W from batterystation come with a Pelican case?

-David

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
batterystation says that the case costs $35.

-David

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
BatteryStation must have changed their product and now do not ship the light with a case. When I got my Pelican HA light it came with a case with an extra pouch for spare batteries.

p10101665zr.jpg

picard

Flashlight Enthusiast
oh man, that's too bad. Did pelican offer the case for free or was it battery station?

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
I only have a Pelican HA from the BatteryStation and the case came with the light. I'm not sure if all Pelican M6 lights come with a holster. I guess a holster for the Pelican costs extra now?

pilot4x4

Enlightened
My Battery Station Pelican HA3 that I received just a few days ago came with the holster. It's the holster with the slot for spare batteries, just like the one pictured above. So unless something has changed this week the light still comes with the holster. A year and a half ago I looked at a Pelican M6 Xenon at a gun show and it was packaged with a holster. That holster was just for the light only, no battery slot and I think I'd prefer that one actually. John

picard

Flashlight Enthusiast
What is the default color of the M6 at battery station? I just order it from them. I told them I prefer black. If black color is unavailable, I can accept Olive green. What is the color of your M6 3w ????

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you are talking about the HA model then my light is the same color as a Surefire light but with a less glossy looking finish.

louie

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think you are all confusing each other. AFAIK, the Pelican 3W HAIII has never included a Pelican HARD case, only a soft holster that has a pouch for the light and another pouch for 2 batteries. For $99 from Batterystation.

picard

Flashlight Enthusiast
louie said:
I think you are all confusing each other. AFAIK, the Pelican 3W HAIII has never included a Pelican HARD case, only a soft holster that has a pouch for the light and another pouch for 2 batteries. For $99 from Batterystation.

What is the default color of M6 3Watt ?

not2bright

Enlightened
The Pelican M6 HA 3W is ONLY available in natural hard anodized color. Some call that color green, it looks greyish to me. This unit has a serial number engraved on the side (I have #185). It has a black rubber tail switch cover.

I got one a week ago and it came with the pouch with spare battery holder pictured earlier in this thread. It is packaged in a white box with no printing on the outside. It does come with 2 Battery Station CR123s.

The regular Pelican M6 LED (which is 1 watt) is available in silver or black (not available in HA). This unit has a red rubber tail switch cover. This unit comes with the same snap pouch with spare batter holder.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
SO it doesnt come with the hard case, just the holster.

-David

not2bright

Enlightened
Cheapo,

It does NOT come with a Pelican 1040 hard case. That is available from battertstation with the cutout for any PM6 and 12 cr123 for $35. It is a nice case but not a necessity.

The holster that comes with the light is fairly ridgid and solid. Black Cordura with what seems to be a plastic liner. Same case that comes with the M6 LED and I assume M6 Lithium. The holster is shown in the picture in this thread.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok... I really like this PM6 3w... so would anybody mind comparing it to a well known light? Maybe post a beamshot.

-David

picard

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is the PM6 3watt brighter than the 1watt version ?
Is the PM6 3watt a non-regulated light?