Please remember my wife in prayer

greenpondmike

Flashlight Enthusiast
Green we care about you and wife just giving some tough love.

I know raggie33 and I feel exactly the same way as poppy does. I told her that it could be a form of slow suicide. She is a woman of faith but she has a lot of stuff from the past that she blocked out and then started remembering after we married. She didn't smoke when we first married, but started after visiting her cousin.
Melvinia called while I was writing this. The doctor told her that from the chest x-ray he could tell that she didn't have pneumonia, but she either had bronchitis or copd. He said that she might have to be sent home with oxygen. They are keeping her again tonight.
What got me was she was a little out of breath- like she had just got back from running down the hallway, but really it was from only sitting up in bed without the oxygen tube in her nose.

greenpondmike

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just want to add that it seems like the doctors waited about commenting on the chest x-ray because they're not sure. I hope it is bronchitis because she can heal from that.
Her dad died from copd and her mom has it. Her dad quit smoking a long time before he died, but everyone around him didn't. 2nd hand smoke wouldn't let him heal.
Thank you all for your continued prayers.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
The guy who played Mr Spock (Leonard Nimoy) in Star Trek said he only smoked cigarettes a few years but came down with COPD and eventually that is what took him out.

Anyway it sounds like things have stabilized. Good deal.

greenpondmike

Flashlight Enthusiast
She just called me again and her breathing is worse. She wanted to wait till the nurse came in to tell them. She didn't want to bother them. I had her to go get a nurse, but one came in by the time I motivated her. She ended the call and I don't know anything else yet. I thought she would get better and come home. Now I don't know what to think.

greenpondmike

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just talked to her. They had been forgetting to give her the breathing treatments and staffing was short today. She sounds fine now.

greenpondmike

Flashlight Enthusiast
The guy who played Mr Spock (Leonard Nimoy) in Star Trek said he only smoked cigarettes a few years but came down with COPD and eventually that is what took him out.

Anyway it sounds like things have stabilized. Good deal.

That happened to a friend of mine, although I don't think she smoked any longer than a half a year. It came back and bit her some 40 or 50 years later.

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Take great care of her because you know it will be your turn someday. My wife is waiting on me hand and foot right now because I'm pretty useless at the moment. I paid for dinner so she didn't have to cook. She had to go back to the restaurant because they screwed up my food and now I'm sick again and can't eat so she made 2 trips for nothing. I gave her a $10 tip and told her she can blow it on shopping only for herself tomorrow. If you understand the difficulties and compromises of married life and accept them, then marriage is wonderful.

P.S. my great grandmother's name is Mulvina. Maybe those names will make a comeback

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
What does a sawbuck buy nowadays?

I say her time and gasoline must be worth at least a Hamilton?

Around my neighborhood a ten spot barely buys 3gals of gasoline :broke:

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
What does a sawbuck buy nowadays?

I say her time and gasoline must be worth at least a Hamilton?

Around my neighborhood a ten spot barely buys 3gals of gasoline :broke:

I filled the tank before I got sick and she hasn't gone anywhere in our car. And Unless she's food shopping, she goes to secondhand stores with a ten, fills the trunk, and still has $7 in change.

Poppy

Flashaholic
Take great care of her because you know it will be your turn someday. My wife is waiting on me hand and foot right now because I'm pretty useless at the moment. I paid for dinner so she didn't have to cook. She had to go back to the restaurant because they screwed up my food and now I'm sick again and can't eat so she made 2 trips for nothing. I gave her a $10 tip and told her she can blow it on shopping only for herself tomorrow. If you understand the difficulties and compromises of married life and accept them, then marriage is wonderful.

P.S. my great grandmother's name is Mulvina. Maybe those names will make a comeback
What happened, did you grandmother stop spike-ing your coffee, with a little hootch?
There may be something to this sanitizing from the inside out. :)

I hope it isn't covid, and that you are feeling better real soon.

When we thought my daughter may have been infected we kept her in her bedroom with an exhaust fan in the window, and a window open at the other end of the house so that her room was negatively pressurized to reduce the risk of sharing it with the rest of us. Just like they do in the hospitals.

A neighbor, Corrections Officer got infected with covid and brought it home. All six are sick, one is an elderly senior, who was hospitalized for three days and nights. She is home, and everyone is improving. I was able to go to a food distribution place today and picked up a box of food (actually pretty good quality stuff) for them. 3 or 5 lbs of frozen cut up boneless skinless chicken, 3 or 5 lbs of shredded 5 blend cheese, a gallon of milk, a quart of yogurt, bag of apples, some cucumbers, bag of potatoes, and of all things a dozen hard boiled - shelled eggs!
If finances are tight, look into it.

ven

Flashaholic
Most of the people i knew who quit smoking, took a health scare of one kind or another. Be it heart, breathing, bad chest infection. I have been stopped for near 9yrs now, vape has helped me. My lung capacity has increased over the years, where it naturally decreases with age(i have annual lung tests).

Hope she gets there soon, speedy recovery wishes sent, stay strong.

greenpondmike

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you all. She had I think a cat scan today. No results yet. They might keep her another week. I'm learning how to live by myself again. I hope they don't keep her too long.

greenpondmike

Flashlight Enthusiast
She's still in there. Last night when I dropped in she had just gotten out of the shower and her skin on her face looked better than it had in probably 14 years. Will steroids do that? Looks like the hospital is taking way better care of her than I did. She's eating good food and not much junk food. She seems happy and the nurses like her.

Last edited:

raggie33

*the raggedier*
id bet it has more to do with no smokeing. tell her she should use this headstart to never smoke again

greenpondmike

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good ideal Reggie33. I found out earlier that they are going to release her today and I'm going to pick her up after work. She doesn't have to bring home any oxygen. They took her for a walk without oxygen and her oxygen level in her blood didn't drop below 90. I ask her if she's going to stop smoking and she said she'd try. I didn't hear any resolve in the way she said it though.

Last edited: