Sci-Fi channel's: Battlestar Galactica

• Thread starter Cosmic Superchunk
  • Start date

Avix

Newly Enlightened
Re: Sci-Fi channel\'s: Battlestar Galactica

bad before, worse now, Dawsons Creek in Space, I wouldn't be suprised to see this show up on the Teen Angst (WB) Network.

bad writing, bad acting, bad CGI, bad sound, bad attatudes, bad SF.

Lexx was better (and thats saying something)

I feel sorry for Edward James Olmos.

spend the money on good SF! FireFly, FarScape, The Chronicle! heck, even Tremors: The Series!

guncollector

Enlightened

I missed--was it?--last night's episode. Anyone know when it repeats, as it inevitably does on cable channels such as SciFi? TIA!

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast

So is this just two shows? I thought mini-series meant longer than 2 2-hour episodes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif When will we see more?

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast

Avix, wow, you really didn't like it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif And thats OK /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I actually thought the CG was very good. Duplicating that hand held camera stuff along with the zooms and everything in CG is not something I've seen before. I would have preferred at least a couple of Galactica hero shots WITHOUT the pan and scan, but oh well...

I think it was a poor choice to make the cylons our own creation rather than an external force, but I'll learn to live with it. It's annoying on a level that I can suspend along with my disbelief /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Sean, the Sci-Fi channel has not committed to a series yet. It's all about the money and the audience, so if the ratings are good and they can sell the add space (of which there is plenty during anything on the Sci-Fi channel, it must be cheap) In my mind the only thing that is keeping it from going forward into a series would be production costs vs add revenue. We'll see what happens!

I'd like more good sci-fi on TV, even if it's not spectacular I can still enjoy it.