The Gmail Invite/Request Thread

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whoa, I got 50 too. Dang. I wouldnt be suprised to see them never turn this to the 'public'. If they dont, it just means their are less people going to use them for crap email address's and/or spamming.

code09

Enlightened
whats wrong with wanting more than one? I dont have invites myself /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

Lurker

Flashlight Enthusiast
moephiues, I am curious, why would anyone want/need more than a handful of invitations? I can see having an account or maybe even a few for yourself and several for friends and family, but what can possibly be done with hundreds of invitations?

joshwang

Newly Enlightened
They just show up, i recently recieved 50 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

TimAckerman

Newly Enlightened
yup i got 50 as well!!!

Lord knows i will never get 50 requests for Gmail!! lol

greenLED

Flashaholic
I hadn't paid attention to how many I have, and all of a sudden, a have 100+! If you want them, I'll be more than happy to share.

Edit: Gmail's changed the invite system, simply PM me your e-mail address and I'll send you an invite (or however many you want.) -also updated number of invites-

Lurker

Flashlight Enthusiast
moephiues, thanks, that makes sense. I thought Google was cancelling accounts that had been sold, but I guess eBayers will always find a way.

Lurker

Flashlight Enthusiast
You know what is funny about the Gmail invite system? It is all done through email. What if you don't already have an email account? Then you really need Gmail, but you can't receive an invitation.

I know there are some obvious work-arounds, but it seems ironic anyway.