Tips using your 10K+ lumens flashlight?

Colinlim

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

Recently I bought a TN36 but feel let down as I found that you can't hold the flashlight too long due to it heat up too fast while holding it.

So any tips for holding your flashlight over a period of eg,1 hour?:D

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gloves?

Actually, in this weather (temps of -20C or colder), a hot light is greatly appreciated. Though, when it's really cold outside, the light only gets warm.

ven

Flashaholic
Holding in hand is a good way to keep the heat in check. If it's too hot to hold, lower the output. Turbo mode is for short bursts/durations, not for continuous running. Batteries would not last anyway at 10k Lumens s !

:welcome:

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi,

Recently I bought a TN36 but feel let down as I found that you can't hold the flashlight too long due to it heat up too fast while holding it.

So any tips for holding your flashlight over a period of eg,1 hour?:D
Gloves. Or turn down the output just a little. :)

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Go work in a hardwood flooring manufacturing plant for 12 years. You can't feel anything in your hands after about year 10. The extra 2 years are just to build up your calluses to absorb heat..... :)

In all seriousness drop the output until the light cools back down then you can amp back up for small periods of time. As ven said turbo and high modes are pretty much just for an extra burst on these lights.

racerford

Newly Enlightened
Tip #1 Do not look into the light on turbo or high mode and turn it on or have it on while looking into it.
Tip #2 If a light gets too hot to hold in your hand turn it down.

Patient: Doctor it hurts when I do this. Doctor" "Don't do that."

Last edited:

Colinlim

Newly Enlightened
Thank guys for your wonderful tips.

Can't imagine how to hold those higher lumens flashlight like the Acebeam X45 or X80.

Also, be aware those high lumens flashlight consume battery life like noting lol.

Colinlim

Newly Enlightened
kind of let down with tn36, still prefer my nitecore tm06s.
although not as bright as tn36 but it won't heat up so fast.