Titanium Quarks

Status
Not open for further replies.

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those scratches can be buffed out. When I unpacked mine, I slid a piece of cloth under the clip and removed the head. Then I put a small (1/2" ?) piece of shrink tubing over the clip contact point, where it touches the head. Reassemble, insert AW14500...:devil:.

yuk

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the videos! :thumbsup: I am still waiting for mine to be shipped... :candle:

branespload

Newly Enlightened
^ the wait time between resetting back to moonmode or bumping up to the next mode is too long for me i guess

it feels like almost 5 seconds i have to wait after turning the light off before i can turn it on back in moon mode. the video kinda shows that. it's really annoying when i turn off the light in turbo, then turn it back on for it to come on in strobe.

i know the best solution would be to get a tactical w/ momentary and program only the modes i want, but alas.. i didn't buy one. the light will suffice for now. i think i've bought enough lights now to know that i prefer 1 cell size, titanium, turbo and low low modes, and neutral tint. hopefully 4sevens pulls through with that :]]]

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
nice video, i loved it when you say it has brighter spill than fenix pd20 , i think fenix has very nice spill and i love spill for close range

btw cheer up man , you sound depressed and you have a beauty in your hands :laughing:

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, it functions fine. Perhaps better.

You are much less likely to scratch the head with the clip removed. With the clip on it touches the head as you twist it.

I wonder why nobody just bends that clip? That was my first idea, so, that it's just a milimeter or less over the body. Perhaps it's difficult to not overbend?

While I know that the clip becomes pretty unusable afterwards, I never use the clips and as it seems, someone who doesn't want scratches on his light (I'm one of them) won't ever need a clip! If I remove it, the result is the same, it doesn't serve anymore, but the flashlight looks "unfinished". As I want to expose the titaniums, I want them as they are. I even left the clips on my neutral white 123-2 and AA-2, because they look better. Same for all my other lights where the clips are removable... :p

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
For those complaining about the UI. If you are using your light in a situation where it is critical the light always come on in a certain mode, like moon mode, max, etc, you want the tactical version. For those of us where this isn't critical the regular Quarks are fine. I rarely turn my Quark off only to have to turn it right back on and have it come on in the wrong mode. Usually I have the bezel loose, so it comes on in moon mode. I can quickly tap to bump up the output as needed, quickly tap to cycle back to moon mode if needed, etc. If I'm going out doors and want it set up so I can quickly blast out a lot of light I'll just tighten up the bezel. If the strobe would come on after a quick on and off a simple tap returns it to the proper mode.

get-lit

Flashlight Enthusiast
My 123 is a bit too big for me to EDC so I'm letting it go for something smaller. Since the 123 is already as small as about any other clicky, I'll have to get used to a twisty. Wish I weren't so picky about size because this thing puts out LOTS of light. The ceiling bounce lights up the entire room like a ceiling light.

Last edited:

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
:laughing:

I think it's funny.
There are so many photos of them now, and I don't even have a shipping confirmation yet. :laughing:

:D

recDNA

Flashaholic
Nor do I...but I give you credit for having a sense of humor about it. I don't

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Early bird gets the worm, David said they are shipping in order of payments received. I dont see why some are so uptight, the lights will come. :)

To be honest, this is the fastest preorder I have ever participated in.

I got one of the last 10 Ti Quarks, a 2 x 123 tactical. I am not holding my breath for my shipping notification. :green:

The 4 Sevens crew is small, not 100's of people. Its a lot of lights to send out, all while taking care of the rest of business: Order processing, the tons of EM's, payroll, customer service, returns, exchanges, toilet cleaning, there is alot going on. :D

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not uptight, I just find it amusing.

I'm happy that I know to pull the clip away when I open the tailcap on my light :D

I'm in no hurry either :)

nismotor

Newly Enlightened
I wonder why nobody just bends that clip? That was my first idea, so, that it's just a milimeter or less over the body. Perhaps it's difficult to not overbend?

While I know that the clip becomes pretty unusable afterwards, I never use the clips and as it seems, someone who doesn't want scratches on his light (I'm one of them) won't ever need a clip! If I remove it, the result is the same, it doesn't serve anymore, but the flashlight looks "unfinished". As I want to expose the titaniums, I want them as they are. I even left the clips on my neutral white 123-2 and AA-2, because they look better. Same for all my other lights where the clips are removable... :p

I, for one, bended the clip out about 1.5mm from the surface, and it is still a very functional clip. It took some precision and patient to do it though but I got it on the first try:grin2:.

BUT, I still ended up giving that shiny surface a nice 9mm scratch. How? Given the short length of the single-cell Quarks, (and the rough Ti threads) there weren't much to grip onto while requiring some strength to turn the head. So it was only after I scratched it that I realize one of my fingers was pushing down on the clip slightly while turning it.

Conclusion: Bending the clip out doesn't solve the whole problem. As the clip "anchor" isn't stiff enough, given its length. I now slip a microfiber towel or similar between the clip and head before turning it. PITA, but it's that or losing the clip. I can deal with it, some may not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.