Vote for the new LF2XT Titanium Design

Which are/is your favorite version(s)?

• Total voters

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
its not a combat or work light so the 24/7 knurling is unnecessary and can get in the way. (you're crazy to get a casual light with all that knurling under the belt clip because pretty soon your belt will be in shreds)

so either 2, or 2 with the front half of 1.
It's a light for doing whatever the buyer wants it to do and a lot of us like knurling. Witness the excitement of the knurling on the Maratac AAA.

I'm also getting the feeling that we have someone who hasn't purchased one of these lights deciding that the knurling is something akin to a rasp, which is most definitely is not. Some of the smoothest feeling knurling I've seen, which still offers excellent gripping characteristics.

Anyone with any doubts about whether or not this knurling is too aggressive, just ask some of us who have actually been carrying them.

KuKu427

Enlightened
I think they're thinking about the knurling that they usually see.
Don't mean to dissuade anyone from picking something other than knurling...
Just trying to let everyone get a closer look

I personally don't have any problems with frayed clothing. But I don't clip carry and my knurls were smoothed down when I sanded off the anodizing, twice.

This is normal knurling that you see on many lights.
09-VersaT_Machine_Marks_S.jpg

This is 2XTi knurling. Notice that the knurls have flat tops.
tithree.jpg

Last edited:

JohnF

Enlightened
5? Really? Am I the only one who carries their pocket flashlight in a pocket? Usually in the same pocket as an iPhone? Come on, guys, knurling serves no purpose on a finger-flashlight, and does lots of damage to whatever is in the same pocket with it. Make it nearly smooth or I will take a pass and continue with the perfectly serviceable LF2 and LF2X. You knurling nuts are on something, I swear... You really think knurling on a pencil would keep you from dropping it?

2 or 6, or a combo of both.

Oh, I have a LF2, LF2X, and LF2XT. I like the XT but will not pocket carry because of the abrasive rings and knurls. The LF2 lives in my left pocket with cell phone with no worry about damage to what is in the pocket with it. The ringed and knurled XT I've dropped twice, with resulting dents. The LF2, with 20x more use, I've never dropped, and is smooth as silk.

John F

Last edited:

KuKu427

Enlightened
I have an iPhone too. Don't mind scratches on that as much as I mind scratches on my light.:nana:

But I do keep my 2XTi on a coin pocket.

JohnF

Enlightened
I have an iPhone too. Don't mind scratches on that as much as I mind scratches on my light.:nana:

But I do keep my 2XTi on a coin pocket.

KuKu is ****oo! The knurling also damages pocket knives, plastic VW / Audi keys, pockets themselves, etc. Useless.

John F

KuKu427

Enlightened
True... That's why my baby is in a coin pocket by itself.

And true again. Never said I was sane....

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
5? Really? Am I the only one who carries their pocket flashlight in a pocket? Usually in the same pocket as an iPhone? Come on, guys, knurling serves no purpose on a finger-flashlight, and does lots of damage to whatever is in the same pocket with it. Make it nearly smooth or I will take a pass and continue with the perfectly serviceable LF2 and LF2X. You knurling nuts are on something, I swear... You really think knurling on a pencil would keep you from dropping it?

2 or 6, or a combo of both.

Oh, I have a LF2, LF2X, and LF2XT. I like the XT but will not pocket carry because of the abrasive rings and knurls. The LF2 lives in my left pocket with cell phone with no worry about damage to what is in the pocket with it. The ringed and knurled XT I've dropped twice, with resulting dents. The LF2, with 20x more use, I've never dropped, and is smooth as silk.

John F
All you guys who think that we have to live by your annoying set of rules are really getting annoying. Can't state your own preferences without insulting everyone else and whining that we don't share your views....

How about if everyone just chooses what they like and shut up with the insulting crap. :shakehead

jahxman

Enlightened
I carry my LF2XTi in my right front pocket, which is also where I carry my change and my small swiss army knife, and small bills. Sometimes my iPhone will go in there, but it is in a case with a full screen protector.

I don't care if the coins and bills get scratched, and the swiss army knife and iPhone don't show any signs of wear after a few months of this. My pants pockets seem to be fine as well.

I think the knurling on the LF2XTi is about the best I've seen or handled. I wouldn't mind more of it :grin2:

RGB_LED

Enlightened
That my friend is blasphemy... :nana:

Just like lumens, there can never be too much knurling.
My Fenix LD01 SS and UF C3 SS 1xAA lights have no knurling whatsoever and I love the look of that for edc. But, don't get me wrong, I do like knurling on my larger lights such as my 6PD, JB RRT-1, etc. It just seems overly excessive for a smaller light. That said, the current 2nd run of the Ti 2XT has knurling on the body and that would be fine with me.

Wonderful thing about choice... To each his own! :shrug:

Guess we'll see how many like each design... as well as, which design Kuku decides to put into production.:popcorn:

Last edited:

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm torn between knurling and simplicity myself. Both have their merits. I do tend to drop my other Ti light a few times due to the smooth body but I wouldn't want it knurled because it has nice aesthetics. On the other hand, if full-body knurling is as damaging as some imagined it to be, people would not have bought D10 and EX10 for edcs. As RGB said, to each his own, that's what makes us different. :)

Last edited:

KuKu427

Enlightened
Guess we'll see how many like each design... as well as, which design Kuku decides to put into production.:popcorn:
Who me? You guys are the ones deciding! :cool:
Not much I can do about the internals, but the exterior is up to you. Right now it's tied between 1 and 5...

I came to the light...

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd buy 2, 3, or 4. 2 looks sweet :). But 3 or 4 is probably a better choice for the grip, and they still look very nice. knurling on the head detracts from the looks, and isn't necessary in a light that you don't have to twist the head during use (IMHO).

kuku, make 2 designs, one for utility and one for looks ;)

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
My Fenix LD01 SS and UF C3 SS 1xAA lights have no knurling whatsoever and I love the look of that for edc. But, don't get me wrong, I do like knurling on my larger lights such as my 6PD, JB RRT-1, etc. It just seems overly excessive for a smaller light. That said, the current 2nd run of the Ti 2XT has knurling on the body and that would be fine with me.

Wonderful thing about choice... To each his own! :shrug:

Actually the flats on the L0D always felt good to me, but with a round bodied light I like the ones I have with knurling better.
I'm torn between knurling and simplicity myself. Both have their merits. I do tend to drop my other Ti light a few times due to the smooth body but I wouldn't want it knurled because it has nice aesthetics. On the other hand, if full-body knurling is as damaging as some imagined it to be, people would not have bought D10 and EX10 for edcs. As RGB said, to each his own, that's what makes us different. :)
I don't think I've ever dropped any of my lights due to lack of grip but I still like the feeling of security that knurling gives.
I'd buy 2, 3, or 4. 2 looks sweet :). But 3 or 4 is probably a better choice for the grip, and they still look very nice. knurling on the head detracts from the looks, and isn't necessary in a light that you don't have to twist the head during use (IMHO).

kuku, make 2 designs, one for utility and one for looks ;)
Agreed, knurling on the head just looks good to me. :twothumbs

hoongern

Enlightened
I guess since my AAA lights are always on neck lanyards, I don't care much about knurling because (1) I've never dropped any (2) if I dropped it, it wouldn't matter because the lanyard keeps it around my neck and it won't fall to the floor.

But, if there was to be knurling anywhere, I'd say at least on the front half of the light as that's where I grip mine the most. (To me having knurling on the back but not on the front doesn't make as much sense)

Honestly, all of those designs look good =) The knurling does look awesome. So, whichever it is, I'm all for it!

handy

Newly Enlightened
if there was to be knurling anywhere, I'd say at least on the front half of the light as that's where I grip mine the most. (To me having knurling on the back but not on the front doesn't make as much sense)

Personally I grip the middle of the light more, especially when activating the switch (if I hold it between my fingers). But I guess we all have our personal preferences.

Honestly, all of those designs look good =) The knurling does look awesome. So, whichever it is, I'm all for it!
I agree, whatever the outcome will be fine really, at least for me. I personally really like the design of the first two runs. I wish there was an option to vote for that design too.

Last edited:

romteb

Enlightened
The way i see things is : make all of them in relative quantities that match the outcome of the poll.

Advantages:

Everybody will have his favorite design available thus being forever thankfull to you.

You will not lose a sell because someone didn't like the most voted design.

A lot of flashaholics will feel the need to buy different designs, increasing sales and happiness of said flashaholics.

Cons:

If cnc is involved and programming for each version has not been done, that could had some work and complicate production process...

bmstrong

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like 2, 5, and 6. Any chance of a BB finish? Is the clip pictured in the desgns 6/4 as well?

I'd like one or two of these as well.

Edit: On the number 5 design, can we get the tailcap knurled as well to complete the whole light?

Last edited: