whats the faverite things ya own now

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
My bass boat is my favorite toy but I do have a Seiko pendulum wall clock I bought in Taiwan in 68 or 69 and it keeps time very accurately, taking temperature variances into consideration. I guess currently my favorite thing is my new home after 30 years of apartments I love the quiet!

lightnix

Enlightened
I try not to put too more store by material possessions, but I must admit I'm definitely in love with the Mk1 MX5 (a.k.a Miata) I bought 2 weeks ago, having promised myself one for the last two or three years. OK, it's ten years old, but in superb condition both inside and out, a UK model (not an import), below average mileage (82k), metallic blue, and a 1.8iS with electric everything and Limited Slip Differential. Goes round corners like it's on rails. Nice stereo, too.

I am really looking forward to the summer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

Spudman

Enlightened
I have a 1967 1/2 Datsun 2000 roadster that is my most favorite thing right now. I'm dying to post a picture of it, but I haven't figured out how to do it yet.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Gary

raggie33

*the raggedier*
ok spud tell us more about that car i nver saw one before it is very cool. i imagine 4 banger?

Spudman

Enlightened
Two liter four cylinder engine, two two barrel solex mikuni carbs , seven quart baffled aluminum oil pan. 150 HP and a hoot to drive. Believe it or not, I've had this car (mainly in my Dad's garage) since high school in the seventies! I just brought it up to Kentucky over the holiday weekend.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
was this a prududtion car i mever heard of it thats a lots a ponies for a japenese car

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
My favorite?.....probably my five small (2-3 inch tall) animal and bird carvings I got in Alaska back in the early seventies. They are carved out of walrus ivory. I was told that they were carved by Eskimos, I suspect that these carving could be hard to get with the current ban on buying ivory.

ivory-1.jpg

Spudman

Enlightened
It was production, but I think this particular model only had 1000 cars. Mine is #00325. They made roadsters from '63 or '64 up to about 1970. When the 240Z came out it used the same platform. The 240 was so popular they stopped making roadsters to apply production to the Z-car.

My car was what they called the competition version. The regular 2 liter version was 135 HP and had different carbs, cam, and oil pans.

Thanks for the interest, Raggie.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

Gary

Topper

Flashaholic*
THOR 10 MILLION CP light
Walther PPK WW II Police markings
Marlin .357 lever action rifle
Cold Steel Trailmaster
just a few.
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Spudman

Enlightened
Lasernerd, way to go.
Fairlady is also another name for the Datsun roadster, although it was only officially called that on the earlier ones. I'm pleased someone on the group is familiar with them.

Some people have put fuel injected nissan motors into the roadster too. Mine is pretty well stock except for the electronic ignition. It drives like a gokart, which is to say, without a lot of cushioning of the ride.

Man, I wish you were on this side of the country. I could use your help on my transmission. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gary

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
10D + 70-200 2.8L, 17-40 f4L
Hensel Porty 1200ws Portable Strobe, with Ringflash.
Remington 870 Security
My truck
Mini health fridge in my room filled with water, yogurt, cottage cheese, blue berries, and about 40 rolls of Fuji Astia slide film.
EZ-Up canopy 10'x10' ( Used when shooting both camera and guns, beach, backyard BBQs, and at the pits at Pomona Dragway )

jook

Newly Enlightened
Garmin Forerunner 201. A speed distance watch that works on GPS. I've only broken my leg twice and run over 1 elderly lady cuz my eyes were glued to the watch. I was trying to will it to increase my pace to that of a turtle. Or trying to figure out what my coordinates were in my run around the same old course. Can't live without it.

neo_xeno

Newly Enlightened
well if ur gonna sell ur 17-40 i might be interested in it if the price is right /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Latest posts