need a new light

snapper

Newly Enlightened
I want somthun to carry instead of my opalec maglite. I need somthin about the size of a 2aa mag, aa is preferable, needs to be belt carryable. I would liek to stay less than 50 bucks. Any ideas!!

Thanks!

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
First, let's determine just what kind of light you want...LED or Xenon?

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Easy! You're already carrying the minimag, and you want to go brighter. Replace the Opalec module with the Badboy 400 Q3L. I have one, and it by far gets the most use out of all my lights. You can still carry the same light you already do and in the same way, instead it'll just be alot brighter. Easily 2-3X brighter. I have both the Opalec and BB400. Or, you can get a new minimag host for it too if the one you already have is banged around or you want a new color.

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Get a sandwich from Dat2Zip. MM+ w/Q3. Should be much brighter than the Opalec.

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
Make sure you keep the MiniMag with the Opalec. Most the lights people will suggest use up batteries like they're sand on the beach. Not that they're bad lights, they're great. Just keep the modest Opalec for everyday use and show off with the blinding lights. Watch your wallet too! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
oldgradpajack

PS: I am the proud owner of several blinding lights that eat batteries with gusto.