Anything out ther brighter at a distance than our flashlight?

kramer5150

Flashaholic
I really wish I could answer all of your questions. My main purpose was to find out if there is another flash light out there. In collaboration with texas instraments and osram you should see Wavien's DPR and Recycling Collar technology in future flash lights or Projector.

If there is any flash light companies that would like to license the "recycling collar" please visit http://premienled.com/

and visit the contact us

You are probably going to have to level up your knowledge of your product, if you really want to attract business partners and CPF customers.

I mean no dis-respect... honestly.

This is a highly technical forum, generally CPF'ers want to know exactly what they are buying before they shell out.... I would imagine its an even tougher sale with the manufacturers and retailers.

You are asking CPF members to assess your product and compare it with others on the market... but you are not providing sufficient technical detail for anyone to make an accurate assessment.

But good luck regardless.

Last edited:

enginyr

Newly Enlightened
We have a team of PHD's that could handle it better than I. I was just curious to see if someone had an LED flash light like ours. By the way I believe our HID 300 watt DPR put out 11,000 lumens if the application is needed for it.

There is really no "Product" to compare it to since we don't have a product, but a technology. I just wanted to see if we are the baddest on the block for the time being. At trade shows people say we are but the internet is a larger audience.

Here is a plot of a standard Parabolic reflector vs our Dual parabolic reflector.

Last edited:

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
than maybe you need to bring team of PHD's that could handle it better than you can.
also since you don't have a product, but a technology, what are you comparing?????
you just wanted to see if you are the baddest on the block for the time being?????? in what regards????
tell you what, bring to disscussion real product that works in real world, something the size, weight of lets say maxabeam, also bring some PHD's, so THEY can do the talking, and may be you'll find out who's baddest on the block

Per-Sev

Enlightened
I have a old spot light that someone made from a pan and I would put that up against your flashlight. Just because there is a patent on something does not mean its a product that will change the world look at all the patents at the turn of the 20th century they had everything patented that could move and where are most of them now, collectors items.

Flashlike

Enlightened
This concept is interesting, although it remains to be seen how effective and practical it would be in a flashlight application. . Correct me if I'm wrong but it sounds to me like the beam would be an extremely small and concentrated spot with virtually little or no side spill.

In post #17 of this thread Enginyr said "It runs too hot so we need to fan cool it". If this type of "cooling system" is needed for proper operation it would obviously require more power. Maybe you are going to have more light output but at the expense of requiring more power?

I'm no engineer and I'm not trying to poke fun of this or argue with any of the claims that have been made, but I honestly don't see how this "invention" is going to be advantageous in a flashlight application.

The OP has posed the question "Re: Anything out there brighter at a distance than our flashlight?". Tell us how bright your flashlight is, then maybe we can provide an answer!

Here is another link with some limited information that I found on a Google search:
http://flashlightnews.org/story2824.shtml

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
You are going to have to resize your pictures, otherwise a moderator will remove them. The rules of CPF state that the maximum allowable picture size is 600x800 pixels. Resize them immediately, as a courtesy to our members with dial-up internet.

Please, bring out the PHD's, and any fact based information you have on this light design.

As has been stated, CPF is a highly technical forum, and a lot of information and in depth discussion goes into just about every new product that appears on the horizon. We're happy to discuss the various aspects of these designs, and express any concerns we may have with it.

jp2515

Flashlight Enthusiast
So isn't this really a way to introduce and advertise what you are really "selling" here and that is you want to license out your "patented" light collar mechanism and you are looking for a way to introduce and do that.

This is a solicitation, plain and simple: "If there is any flash light companies that would like to license the "recycling collar" please visit http://premienled.com/"

The only reason it wasn't all in your first post is that you couldn't get the pictures posted. You are introducing a technology and trying to sell licenses for that technology right here in the discussion forums.

This entire thread should be moved somewhere else.

On a totally separate note Big Chelis' integration sphere will not be able to read something of this magnitude. Its limited to about 15 or 16 hundred lumens based on the small size of the sphere and the 20K max foot candle source readings of the meter being used.

:thumbsup:

You are probably going to have to level up your knowledge of your product, if you really want to attract business partners and CPF customers.

I mean no dis-respect... honestly.

This is a highly technical forum, generally CPF'ers want to know exactly what they are buying before they shell out.... I would imagine its an even tougher sale with the manufacturers and retailers.

You are asking CPF members to assess your product and compare it with others on the market... but you are not providing sufficient technical detail for anyone to make an accurate assessment.

But good luck regardless.

I still think we need a sample (or samples) to have CPF veterans independently test the lights. All we've seen so far are photos of the lights and no down the front shots either.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
wow it looks like they made a head to fit on maglte d tube (from button-tube dimensions i figured it is d tube), that head is huge, a also see holes, i assume there is a fan there, but i might be wrong, at least this head on 4d tube, or longer, would be deadly defence weapon

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm pretty lost with all of this, but is this what they are possibly claiming to be doing? With an aspheric set up you are basically projecting an image of the emitter, so the brighter the emitter is, the brighter it will be projected, giving a higher lux value, more throw, etc. Now, if they are able to take some of the light and reflect it back onto the LED emitter, would they be able to increase the surface brightness of the emitter, and as a result the projected image of the emitter would be brighter?

recDNA

Flashaholic
I'd like a graph measuring lumens or lux. I don't know what "brightness" is, how it was measured, and what units are displayed. I find graphs without units annoying.

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow this op is getting hosed by the big dogs here.:nana:

Yep, he should've used the search function before coming out all Tarzan and everything. Whoops, that's a small loin cloth you need there mate.

OP, there's an 11k lumen light out there. Made by a nice chap at electrolumens. It's called Kong!

Could one of the mods please remove this as this is clearly advertising.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
I'm pretty lost with all of this, but is this what they are possibly claiming to be doing? With an aspheric set up you are basically projecting an image of the emitter, so the brighter the emitter is, the brighter it will be projected, giving a higher lux value, more throw, etc. Now, if they are able to take some of the light and reflect it back onto the LED emitter, would they be able to increase the surface brightness of the emitter, and as a result the projected image of the emitter would be brighter?

That makes more sense than anything the OP has posted thus far. Although I don't think phosphor die surfaces are reflective (someone please correct me). If this is in fact what they are doing, I question the thermal design. I can shine my Malkoff onto my wrist and feel the heat from the light. If this is in fact what they are doing, it does not surprise me that the OP reports thermal issues.

OP KILL THAT HUGE IMAGE... or at least thumbnail it.

Patriot

Flashaholic
This thread is awful in technical merit and the aggravating, over-sized image in post #62 is the tar on top of the poo-poo. It's obvious that the OP doesn't understand the difference between total emitted output and lux. This thread is further complicated by the fact that the "DPR" technology/patent has nothing to do with the original LED topic, which not every poster here has realized, understandably, unless they've wasted their time here as I have. He has tossed us the company's two main technologies/marketing themes and blended them together here in order to drive interest toward specific areas to their own benefit. If this wasn't evident already consider the OP's post introducing the 7 50W LED cluster, which by the way is a "meltdown" waiting to happen.

I still can't believe that I spent the time reading this....:ohgeez:

enginyr

Newly Enlightened

correct.

enginyr

Newly Enlightened
We just run it a bit higher in voltage than it's rated for. We cool it down sufficiently to compensate and it will run constantly, slightly warm to the touch.