EV charging cables cut by copper "recyclers"

mrfixitman

Enlightened
I've toyed w/ the idea of getting an EV the same way I toyed w/ the idea of a motorcycle or any of the Jeeps I've owned. A secondary vehicle meant for either specific use or occasional play.

I'd never even consider one as my main or only vehicle. We are decades away from having an infrastructure to support one where I live. I have to assume I'm not the only one in that situation.

At this point, it's a toss up between which I get first... an EV that makes practical sense or flying cars.
I suppose you don't have electricity and use an out house where you live. Not everyone can be as lucky as you are. Free as a native in the middle of the rain forrest. For those with electricity and roads EVs make sense.

You criticize me yet refuse to share your sources of information. That makes me think you are ashamed. You claim wisdom but refuse to share.
How did you conclude that I criticized you, given you admit you don't understand my post? I think you're lying. Reread my previous post where I thanked you for offering new sources, but also informed you that I don't watch the news.
Can't figure out if I'm the pot or kettle. I am going to assume Fox, RT and CCTV are some of your information sources. I like to gleen information from doers and thinkers.
solarteameindhoven.nl

iacchus

Enlightened
I suppose you don't have electricity and use an out house where you live. Not everyone can be as lucky as you are. Free as a native in the middle of the rain forrest. For those with electricity and roads EVs make sense.
Some of us live in an area fraught w/ hurricanes and often go a couple of weeks a year without municipal electricity, yet still have to get around.
Not the best situation to have an EV as your main source of transportation.
Past that, there simply isn't enough network chargers to use the EV as anything but a commuter. If you have to properly travel for work in any capacity, they will no longer do the trick.

EVs just don't make sense here as a primary.
If you are lucky enough to be able to afford a secondary and unnecessary vehicle, EVs are a fine choice I suppose. Useful in a more limited capacity.

iacchus

Enlightened
I've got five fleet trucks, and I spent an outlandish amount of time trying to make the numbers work for EV there. It simply did not.
Upkeep costs over their projected lifespan were a wash. The major issue is that where they run, there's no way to charge them and the routes are at the top end of their range.

The last two I bought on our replacement cycle were Ford Maverick hybrids. Still getting used to them. Wish they were just a skosh bigger.

Maybe when a time comes that choices and range and the charging network are all expanded the numbers will be more favorable. Right now, even those of us who want to invest in their upside simply can't because the downside outweighs it too heavily.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I've toyed w/ the idea of getting an EV the same way I toyed w/ the idea of a motorcycle or any of the Jeeps I've owned. A secondary vehicle meant for either specific use or occasional play.

I'd never even consider one as my main or only vehicle. We are decades away from having an infrastructure to support one where I live. I have to assume I'm not the only one in that situation.

At this point, it's a toss up between which I get first... an EV that makes practical sense or flying cars.
At this point, flying cars would actually make more sense.
Heck, a single engine, one propeller plane realistically made for a pilot and one passenger likely requires less long-term costs involved than an EV.

iacchus

Enlightened
At this point, flying cars would actually make more sense.
Heck, a single engine, one propeller plane realistically made for a pilot and one passenger likely requires less long-term costs involved than an EV.
Another group in the same business does exactly that. They are in South La though, so I assume that for some of the more remote sites they service it's simply the most effective solution. Some of the things we deal with are pretty time-sensitive.

I wonder if they've thought about switching over to drones...

RWT1405

Flashlight Enthusiast

This is from CNBC

Once again, you are wrong

Attachments

• 2024-03-13 - EV euphoria is dead - CNBC.01 .jpg
    2024-03-13 - EV euphoria is dead - CNBC.01 .jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 2024-03-13 - EV euphoria is dead - CNBC.02.jpg
    2024-03-13 - EV euphoria is dead - CNBC.02.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 2024-03-13 - EV euphoria is dead - CNBC.04.jpg
    2024-03-13 - EV euphoria is dead - CNBC.04.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 11

mrfixitman

Enlightened

It appears that a lot of people are buying electric cars and big oil will collapse.

mrfixitman

Enlightened

Latest posts