OH MAN IT'S COLD!!

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Don't hate me as we're back visiting on Maui but it's 59 at 1:18 am in the morning where we're staying at 3100 feet. It's usually about 10 degrees cooler at this elevation than down at sea level.

Last edited:

markr6

Flashaholic
2°F right now and I'm loving it. Clean, fresh air! Heading up further north soon to do some backpacking with the snowshoes. Lows should be around 5° most nights. Can't beat sleeping in the hammock in the red pines covered in snow :)

OneBigDay

Enlightened
We're having a heat wave today in Minneapolis, it's supposed to get to 21 today! Here is a screen grab from Sunday morning when I checked. Overall it's been mild here this season so even being a northerner, I wasn't prepared for ten below when it was above freezing only days before.

2mcxh1f.jpg

It's currently raining and 45 degrees. Pretty much more of the same scheduled for the next six days. Nighttime lows are in the high 30's. There's a reason the Pacific Northwest is referred to as God's Country by us locals. One thing though. No matter what the weather conditions are, Washingtonians always complain about them. Ha! It's what we do. :shrug:

If we're blessed to have our weather remain somewhere in the current temps for another five weeks, we're out of the woods, so to speak. I've lived here since 1966 and don't remember ever having severe conditions after Valentine's Day.

~ Chance

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
11 degrees this morning with a wind chill of minus stoopid. We're supposed to get into the mid 30s tomorrow, which will seem pretty balmy by comparison.

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't hate me as we're back visiting on Maui but it's 59 at 1:18 am in the morning where we're staying at 3100 feet. It's usually about 10 degrees cooler at this elevation than down at sea level.

We had that temperature here in NC for a few weeks and it was awesome. Don't get me wrong, I love the cold but this is perfect weather 'cause I don't have to heat or cool the house so I save money
and I can have a door open all the time to have fresh air. I loved it! :)

nbp

Flashaholic
Let's see: we're looking at -6F tonight with a daytime "high" Sunday of -3F. Windchills of -25 or so. It's pretty stinkin cold out there.

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Wow. Lived in Madison briefly when I was a boy. Nice town, but it could get cold.

idleprocess

Flashaholic
North Texas winter here: most of this month it's dropped to just below freezing at night with a bit of frost in the morning, warms to around 60 during the day, then swiftly drops down into the 40s / mid-30s as the sun sets. For all the whining of the natives, at least there's not snow on the ground and outerwear is still largely optional for casual exposure to the elements.

Last edited:

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
Let's see: we're looking at -6F tonight with a daytime "high" Sunday of -3F. Windchills of -25 or so. It's pretty stinkin cold out there.

+

-30F windchill right now,, standard cold front out of Canada