SUPERLIGHTS III

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jeff, is the Polarion your personal unit? If so, what came with it? carry case, ac charger, dc charger, etxra battery.... etc?

I too had high hopes for especially the Rayzorlite because of it standard type flashlight shape. Even if they get their stuff together by the end of Jan, it seems like the true competitor they have is the RB especially when comparing to the XeRay, Polarion and X990. Is that correct?

Did you do any drop/throw tests for the XeRay or the Polarion? That video you linked to above was pretty cool seeing the Rayzorlite hit the ground and just roll.

Thanks.

Curtis

Last edited:

That_Guy

Enlightened
That's good to hear. I won't give up hope just yet! The extended runtime is nice. The 95 mins runtime of the XeVision is a little short for my tastes. If Rayzor can get all the lights to run for 200 mins on low it will be great! However I shouldn't get my hopes up too much.

Kenshiro

Enlightened
Mr. Ted Bear posted great pics showing the "anomaly".
The top four photos show the original photos set. The Razorbeam did just fine. As I mentioned on my website, the X990 was aimed slightly lower than the rest.

The bottom photos show the photos we took last night. You can see that the X990 is aimed correctly this time. The other lights are aimed better as well. In any case, as Ted Bear mentioned, other than the "correct" aim of the X990, the Polarion, X990, and Xevision seem pretty much on par as the first set.

However, the Razorbeam seems to be VERY different. What makes this so weird? Couldn't we just attribute it to a "variation in units"?
Well, we could if it was a different unit. BUT it wasn't. This is the EXACT same unit that we used for the first photo set.
Go figure.....

Don't let that 200min run time give you hopes. You can see that the run time numbers are all over the place. The are simply too inconsistant to be a reliable.

Here's a higher resolution photo of the new set with a reference shot as well.

50zoom2.jpg

Last edited:

That_Guy

Enlightened
It doesn't look like the RB is being "boosted" properly. Apart from the obvious (it being much dimmer) the colour temperature is still blueish. When boosted the lamps colour temperature drops which can be seen in the first set. So my guess would be that the ballast isn't driving the bulb at the correct wattage.

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
XeVision said:
Ken,
What "Cannon" did you use for the reference photo:wow: ?

Dan

My guess is that it would probably be the Ken4. It's in the line up photo, but it's apparently not in the competition.

That_Guy

Enlightened
Trashman said:
My guess is that it would probably be the Ken4. It's in the line up photo, but it's apparently not in the competition.
It's the Ken 4 with a long exposure.

In the new 35W photo the RB is also a lot dimmer than it was before. So it isn't just a boost issue, but an overall dimness issue, which is kinda weird.

Another interesting thing I just noticed is the difference in colour temp. between the Costco HID and the Rayzors. They are both meant to be using 6000K bulbs, but the Rayzors are significantly bluer than the Costco HID, which means that the colour temp. is higher than on the Costco HID. I can understand using a ice cold colour temp like on the Costco HID to get rid of the yellow tint of 4100K bulbs, but what's with all these companies like Rayzor and Wolf-Eyes using blue colour temps? It's stupid and costs a lot of light output. If they want to use a higher colour temp to get rid of the tint cast of 4100K bulbs, why can't they just aim for pure white like with LEDs, rather than overshooting the mark and ending up with a disgusting blue tint?

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are there any filters etc available for the Polarion to get a flood/diffuse type beam pattern? I know it has fixed focus but I was just wondering about any other possibility to increase the usability of the light.

Curtis

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
cue003 said:
That video you linked to above was pretty cool seeing the Rayzorlite hit the ground and just roll.
Curtis,

What program/codec did you use to view the video. When I try to view it, I just get "invalid MPEG-4 format"

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jim, it ran in Quicktime for me.

I am running an older version of Quicktime v.6.5.2

I didn't need to load any special codecs.

Curtis

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Thanx a bunch for the hard work, guys !!!!! :thumbsup:
Really appreciated here. :bow:
I love thorough and complete shootouts :D !

Polarion .. tempting. Groupbuy ...

bernie

jtice

Flashaholic
LOLOLOL oh MAN !

That vid seriously made me crenge !
KaWHAP ! onto the ground eehhh gives me shivers.

What is it about that one that lets it withstand that?
I hear the Havis is pretty tough (just got mine !!!) is it anywhere near that tough?

~John

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
We already know that the REVA has excellent engineering and the build quality on par with the SF Beast. We also know that it they don't put out a lot of lumens

For the time being, they are not available to civilians, but that is expected to change early this year

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kiessling said:
Thanx a bunch for the hard work, guys !!!!! :thumbsup:
Really appreciated here. :bow:
I love thorough and complete shootouts :D !

Polarion .. tempting. Groupbuy ...

bernie

I would probably be in for a nice Groupbuy price on the Polarion with extra bulb and extra battery. :)

Right now I am trying to take it all in and figure out which one to go for or if I should just wait for the Rayzors to work out their kinks. It is pretty nice to know the Rayzorlite can at least take a good throw every once in a while. :)

Curtis