The Incandescent Tribute Challenge

Monocrom

Flashaholic
E1E would be a lot more pragmatic with a high-mounted, bezel-down, carry-clip.

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL !

The combo LED/Inca. Challenge wouldn't be much of one. That's like having to endure the hardship of being massaged by one Super-model, while another one brings you a sandwich.

"Oh no! You mean I'll have to carry and use my SF A2 for a week? How will I possibly manage that??" :D

And what's wrong with that? :nana:

Having a nice incan/LED dynamic duo would help people appreciate that combo configuration, I know I do! :thumbsup:

For those unlucky enough not to own an A2 . . . Buy an A2.

(Streamlight makes similar models that are LED/Inca., but we don't talk about those.)

I DO! :crackup:

I have a passion for all my dual emitter type flashlights and highly recommend you grab whatever type your budget allows for, obviously the A2 (discontinued) is top of the food chain but Streamlight's Twintask & Nightcom (discontinued) series are none-the-less desirable (I need a Nightcom-Incan), Cablea's Alaskan Guide (discontinued) is a noteable step up from the Twintask series IMHO, unfortunately their propriety bulb/LED "drop in" will now be difficult to locate (time for fabrication me thinks) :thumbsup:

With much regret as incandescent bulbs are phased out only the most configurable flashlights will remain serviceable, thus lights using the Surefire or Streamlight incandescent bulbs (or both ie. FM Strion A2 kit) would be the ones to pursue :D

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Or . . . You just tape a coin-cell light behind the bezel of a cheap inca.

Now, anyone can play. :D

(I'd still use my SF A2 though.)

scout24

Flashaholic
Monocrom- I'm in! Marpat camo tactical version, anti-roll bezel, what's not to love! :D :crackup:

P1010730.jpg

Last edited:

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
Um.... kudos for thinking outside of the box scout24! :thumbsup:

EDIT: On a side note those E1 series lamp modules look like they'd easily fit into the Alaskan Guide, anyone know of anyone who tried?

Last edited:

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have an A2 (anymore, though I probably should have kept it...), so I'll have to do something along the lines of Scout24. Will try to get pic's up later.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Unless the orange one returns soon, I think we've found our next Challenge of the week.

Helmut.G

Enlightened
I just created the world's first hybrid flashlight that uses the incandescend bulb for the low beam:

hybridflashlight.jpg

about one lumen on half dead alkaline batteries, along with estimated 50/180 neutral white lumens :)

Monocrom

Flashaholic
"Tune in to our next exciting episode of the Super Friends when Superman's arch rival Bizarro shows up with his own A2. The 2A." :thumbsup:

carrot

Flashaholic
Unless the orange one returns soon, I think we've found our next Challenge of the week.

I'll announce the next challenge one week from today. One hint: this challenge will belong to a different subforum of CPF than the other two!

In the meanwhile, feel free to challenge yourself to LED/Incan hybrid goodness. Or to extend one of the other challenges. Or carry any of your lights. Or whatever!!!

exp3riment

Newly Enlightened
very sad news!! i've been carrying my 6p! but the good news is that i called surefire and they will still carry the 6p inc!!

nbp

Flashaholic
I'll announce the next challenge one week from today. One hint: this challenge will belong to a different subforum of CPF than the other two!

In the meanwhile, feel free to challenge yourself to LED/Incan hybrid goodness. Or to extend one of the other challenges. Or carry any of your lights. Or whatever!!!

It's a laser challenge. You can only use lasers to light your way and if you blind someone you're disqualified. :grin2:

Sparky's Magic

Enlightened
I've come through the challenge unscathed and I'm rather pleased with myself: In all honesty I've come away with a new found respect for my HDS 140Ex. which is back in the pocket today. It's just the right size, delivers what I want, when I want it and with judicious use of the higher modes provides excellent runtimes. What more can I say? Other than, thank you Henry and thank you Carrot for the great challenge! :clap: