The new ipad wtf?

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Someone mentioned they use a no name iPencil that works well. Reviews at the big river for a Zyerch iPen were good and it was $20.
IMG_1944.jpeg

Kinda cool.
On/off switch. One quick click takes you back to home screen. Two gets you multi task screen. Three for a screen shot. USB C charge on the side with a side that has a small anti-roll flat. The top tip is a squishy stylus. Magnetic like the Apple 2nd gen but works with 2018+ iPads. Red ring when it gets to 20% battery life. Green/red flash when it's pairing. Red to green when its charging.

Time will tell if it's a deal or no deal.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
IMG_2287.jpeg

A keyboard attached to a folding folio case for my iPad mini 5.
The kind set up for landscape screen while typing
IMG_2288.jpeg

This is how it's set up to work but wait....

It's magnetic so it's detachable. Idea!
Will it carry inside and work with my composition book cover?
IMG_2292.jpeg

Well let's see

IMG_2290.jpeg

As a separate device it works with the composition book cover and magnetizes to the inside flap as well.
IMG_2291.jpeg

So no more finger prints all over the screen.

Mrs Fixers mini 6 has a folio case that can work in landcape or portait.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
I think we are around the same age bykfixer I'm mid 50s isn't it crazy how tech has changed in are life's.? We now have a screen and computer we can carry around that's was faster then are desktops we was proud of. .

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
View attachment 54164
A keyboard attached to a folding folio case for my iPad mini 5.
The kind set up for landscape screen while typing
View attachment 54163
This is how it's set up to work but wait....

It's magnetic so it's detachable. Idea!
Will it carry inside and work with my composition book cover?
View attachment 54161
Well let's see

View attachment 54166
As a separate device it works with the composition book cover and magnetizes to the inside flap as well.
View attachment 54167
So no more finger prints all over the screen.

Mrs Fixers mini 6 has a folio case that can work in landcape or portait.
That's great! Also, that notebook case is the same one my wife picked out for our iPad Mini 5 which we use mostly for letting the kids watch some videos.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I think we are around the same age bykfixer I'm mid 50s isn't it crazy how tech has changed in are life's.? We now have a screen and computer we can carry around that's was faster then are desktops we was proud of. .
I'm closer to 60 than 50 Raggie so yeah we're about the same age.

I remember a neighbor showing me his touchscreen iPod one day. I said "that's a cute toy but will it catch on?" Uh, yeah it did. My kids had iPods but not the touch screen kind. They had the scroll wheel kind.

I paid about the same $ for the iPad mini as my son likely paid for his iPod if he had the 10gb kind. Well, what I paid for the iPod to be honest.

Compared to the first computer I had, which costed nearly $1000 (on sale) and had a whopping 256mb hard drive..... yeah we've come a long ways.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
That's great! Also, that notebook case is the same one my wife picked out for our iPad Mini 5 which we use mostly for letting the kids watch some videos.
I mostly use it for solitaire right now, but have some apps I want to learn how to use for 3D drawings, cad and such.

Yesterday I saw a coworker had an 8x11 composition book on his desk. I scanned it to see if it was a folio cover for the 10" iPad. It was an actual composition book he uses for calculations and notes for his interstate widening projects. He uses that for things he designs in case something goes to court. It acts as a hard copy of his work.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
I'm closer to 60 than 50 Raggie so yeah we're about the same age.

I remember a neighbor showing me his touchscreen iPod one day. I said "that's a cute toy but will it catch on?" Uh, yeah it did. My kids had iPods but not the touch screen kind. They had the scroll wheel kind.

I paid about the same $ for the iPad mini as my son likely paid for his iPod if he had the 10gb kind. Well, what I paid for the iPod to be honest.

Compared to the first computer I had, which costed nearly $1000 (on sale) and had a whopping 256mb hard drive..... yeah we've come a long ways.
its going to get more crazy started off when apple made there own cpu using arm .. the m1 was and stil is so good now there at 3nm basically super small die process so they can fit more transiters on the die...now snapdragon newest cpu may be even better guess we will see. i predict in 2 years we can have a console same power as the ps5 but in a thumb drive sized device..god i love tech lol

raggie33

*the raggedier*
m2 is still at 5nm . its better then the m1 . but the m3 is where its at. intel better get there stuff together . i think there still at 10nm sure they can increase voltage and heatsinks and raise mhz. but die shink is the best way to go

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
3nm is the smallest process that seems to be achievable at the moment. That's absurdly tiny, considering that we measure the wavelengths of light in the hundreds of nanometers.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
3nm is the smallest process that seems to be achievable at the moment. That's absurdly tiny, considering that we measure the wavelengths of light in the hundreds of nanometers.
It's basically impossible to get smaller than that. As we are starting to get down to the size of atoms. We just can't grow silicon smaller. It's a physics wall now.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
perhaps a software in the cpu its self that has a cheat code to basic binary code? 1 and zeros seems kind out of date lol

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
perhaps a software in the cpu its self that has a cheat code to basic binary code? 1 and zeros seems kind out of date lol
That's what digital is. We'd have to invent a whole new……everything. Or quantum computing. But quantum entanglement is just theory. If it's possible we're a long ways off. The way to get faster computing is the way Apple is doing it. And everyone hates it. Me included. Integration. The cpu, gpu, memory, storage, and specialty modules, are all on one die. Getting the different parts to talk to each other faster. That's the only way to speed things up. Or moar power!!! But then efficiency goes down the drain