What Is Your Favorite Cold Cereal?

Dantor

Enlightened
ae9kxg.jpg

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
A little off topic, but if you want to avoid hitting the sugar bowl too hard and too often, but still keep your sweet tooth happy, just put fruit in the bottom of the cereal bowl before you add the cereal. Plenty tasty and better for you all the way around. Do that and you can probably live without the sugar fix altogether (No, really! It works great!).

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: What Is Your Favourite Cold Cereal?

Frosted mini wheats, Life, Honey Bunches of Oats, Grape Nuts, Frosted Flakes, Cocoa Puffs. I don't eat much anymore though because cows milk plugs up my head. So I really cut way back on cereal.

Plugs up your head? I've never heard of that. What happens, exactly? It sounds like something different than lactose intolerance, for which you can buy "Lactaid," which is regular milk for lactose intolerant people. As mentioned by TheLEDMuseum, you can try soy milk. I've not tried it on cereal (or have I? :thinking:), but I've been drinking the chocolate flavored one that my wife buys, and it's pretty close to chocolate milk.

TorchBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: What Is Your Favourite Cold Cereal?

Plugs up your head? I've never heard of that. What happens, exactly?
I've heard that milk isn't good for sinuses during a cold. Not that you'd be snorting milk up your nose if you had a cold.

Last edited:

AlphaTea

Enlightened
Some stuff I USED to like..
Honey Smacks (used to be called Sugar Smacks before food police made sugar evil)
Corn Pops (use to be called Sugar Pops blah blah see above)
Frosted Flakes (used to be called Sugar Frosted Flakes also see above)
Quisp (I can still find this every now and then, tastes just like CAP'N CRUNCH)
Quake (Same as Quisp, diff shape)
Puffa-Puffa Rice (Bad marketing...same people that didn't like the Frito Bandito targeted this stuff)
Team Cheerios (some healthy variety that got canceled, tasted like cardboard)

Anybody notice how every new PG movie gets its own Cereal?
I saw
Shrek-io's
Spiderman Stick-io's
Jedi Flakes

flashlite

Enlightened
As a kid, it was Crazy Cow (chocolate or strawberry). Now it's Strawberry Frosted Mini Wheats.

supes

Enlightened
Ohh nothing like a cold bowl of POST Selects Cereal Cranberry Almond Crunch, I could eat this for breakfast, lunch, AND dinner! :D

When I run out of that stuff, I eat Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds or yeah original Cheerios!(with some sliced banana + strawberries, because it taste like cardboard without it)

On occasion when I'm feeling a sugar withdrawal, I'll go grab a box of Eggos! maple flavor, those things are sweet.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
This thread inspired me and gave me an idea. Lots of times right after work, I would be hungry but too early for supper so I would slip a snack for the drive home, all too often a bag of M&M's. I went out this weekend and bought a box of Frosted Mini Wheats and snack on a few of them instead. Depending on how many I have, perhaps just as many calories as the M&M's but more healthier.

binky

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last week I was harping on my kids who had grabbed boxes of Fruit Loops from the hotel's buffet counter. Then I read the box and was really surprised to find it's all naturally flavored. Lots of wierd colorings in there, and more than 1/2 sugar by weight so it ain't exactly health food, but I couldn't harp on them about the flavorings. After their syrup-loaded waffles & 3-4 fatty strips of bacon they were allowed to chow down the fruit loops for dessert.

e2x2e

Enlightened
A long long time ago I used to love Rice Crispies loaded down with tablespoons of sugar :sick:

Couldn't resist adding this :D

CaptCrunch.jpg

(Image hosted on my bandwidth, not hot linked)

How the heck did they fit a Helicopter in such a small box? Or is that just a GIGANTIC glass of OJ and a HUGE bowl of cereal?