Tiablo new SST-50 flashlight AS50

owner

Newly Enlightened
I got the information from a Chinese flashlight forum that Tiablo would release a new SST-50 flashlight: AS50.
Here are the photos:
1peCjr.jpg

1peEOA.jpg

1peJNS.jpg

The simple specifications are:
Luminus PhlatLight SST-50 LED
Maximum 900 lumens
Maximum output current 2.8A
3 modes: high, low, strobe
Supported batteries: 2xCR123A, 4xCR123A, 1x18650, 2x18650

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the most blinding feature of this light.....
is the model name inscription. :eek:oo:

Hope to see this against Catapult's outdoor shots soon.

FlashlightsNgear.com

→Formerly d1live←, Flashaholic
Zeruel, maybe they'll scrap the HUGE white letters on the lights coming to the US, besides that it looks very nice and the quality should be top notch.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zeruel, maybe they'll scrap the HUGE white letters on the lights coming to the US, besides that it looks very nice and the quality should be top notch.

Oh, I've no doubt on Tiablo's quality and yes, hope they'll scrap it or at least make it smaller. But then again, this has nothing to do with its performance, just a minor minor thought for the first thing I saw. ;)

owner

Newly Enlightened
More photos:

Hybrid reflector for both throw and flood:
1rKKG0.jpg

Beamshot comparison (left: ACE-G, right: AS50):
1rKIaS.jpg

I guess the model name is inspired by AS50 sniper rifle from UK.

owner

Newly Enlightened
I think they should skip SST50 and jump directly into SST90.
I think their SST-90 flashlight is on the way, depending upon supply of the SST-90 LED.
I guess they will name the SST-90 flashlight as AS90, inspired by the self-propelled howitzer from UK.

Daylo

Newly Enlightened
Sweet light, I had an A-10 and regret selling it, this would definitely make me feel better :D. I sure hope they get rid of the huge AS50 logo for the production model.

NWdude83

Newly Enlightened
Jeez looks like the light goes from too short, to too long. :sick2:

ateallthepies

Enlightened
I just do not like having to click on low then another click to get to high and then another for off. Also not having momentary on is a big issue for me.
I find it a real pain set up like this and much prefer a forward clicky with momentary on switch and a twisty style head with say low, medium and high positions.

In any situation I find myself in I know what level of light I want before I turn the light on and I don't want to be clicking away finding that required level.

Nothing wrong with the quality of the switch mind just not right for me.

Steve.

Last edited:

recDNA

Flashaholic
I just do not like having to click on low then another click to get to high and then another for off. Also not having momentary on is a big issue for me.
I find it a real pain set up like this and much prefer a forward clicky with momentary on switch and a twisty style head with say low, medium and high positions.

In any situation I find myself in I know what level of light I want before I turn the light on and I don't want to be clicking away finding that required level.

Nothing wrong with the quality of the switch mind just not right for me.

Steve.
+1