• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

WTS: LD50vn ;-)

Patt

Enlightened
Re: WTS: LD50vn ;-) (15 In Stock)

​Alex1234...which-one throws further...? The LD50vn or TX25C2vnV2T?
Both pictures where taken from the same place/distance I suppose?

Cheers ..Patt
;)

Last edited:

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast

Vt2 by a notable amount but the ld50 throws a hotspot 4 times larger and still throws very well

Patt

Enlightened

Vt2 by a notable amount but the ld50 throws a hotspot 4 times larger and still throws very well

Ok...thanx buddy..;)

So..the LD50vn is the one to go for me..?

Cheers ..Patt

Last edited:

nickdizonc

Newly Enlightened

Just got this light today in the PDTn variety and it is a marvel of a light. It is essentially 2 PD35's side by side and surprisingly it is still genuinely "pocketable" by most standards. Most will forego it being an EDC option due to weight, but for approximately 2K OTF lumens in a pint sized package some like myself may compromise on weight due to the performance of this tremendous light. The modes are spaced very nicely, although, there is no firefly mode. Each brightness level is def going to catch the eye of anyone in close quarters to you while operating the light. What makes this light particularly useful is its beam pattern which I can only describe as the seemingly perfect marriage between throw and spill. There is a defined hotspot, however, its wider than most throwers which provides for a little more diffused look versus a high performance purpose built thrower which at close ranges is like staring at the sun when looking at the hotspot. The further the distance, obviously the hotspot grows larger and gives you more spill and more of an area coverage beam vs an intense spotlight like say a TK61VN or SR95S-UT. Overall I LOVE this light. I will post beam shots once the sunsets so you can see what a great and purposeful light this really is. Vinh, my wife has asked that you halt production of your "must have" light series until next tax season. She's complaining that your "must have" lights are depleting her "must have" designer bag fund. LMAO! Seriously, Vinh I applaude your forward thinking ingenuity and innovative craftsmanship which is signatured throughout your entire product line-up. Perhaps your greatest strength, and most certainly the reason for which I exclusively purchase custom lights from you is your second to none approach to providing excellent customer service. It is a pleasure to do business with you my friend. Keep up the great work.

tyxxvxl

Flashlight Enthusiast

Excellent write up/review Nick!
I'm glad you like your vinh light.
It makes me want one :)
I love my PD35vn. I've learned the beam on it is the most useful for everyday tasks.
Easily fits in my pocket and plenty bright enough to wow just about anyone.

nickdizonc

Newly Enlightened

Did you get the single XML2 version of the PD35VN? Its an awesome light stock so with Vinh's mods it's gotta be a game changer. Along with the LD50Vn PDTc I also picked up a PD35VN but I opted for the Triple XPL version. I'm a diehard throw fanatic and 99% of my collection are throwers so I opted for the triple XPL to try something outside of my comfort zone AND because the great people here gave me enough info to actually want one in that confirguration. So far so good. Very different from the stock pd35 as it is a flood light through and through. Surprisingly, I like it and have chosen to replace my current EDC which is a TN12 (2014 version) with the triple XPL. We'll see how that goes. But with 1500 LED lumens, I find it real difficult to think of an every day situation where that much light won't meet my needs. In any event, GET THE LD50VN. I think its safe to say that the dark is afraid of me now. LOL!!!

Excellent write up/review Nick!
I'm glad you like your vinh light.
It makes me want one :)
I love my PD35vn. I've learned the beam on it is the most useful for everyday tasks.
Easily fits in my pocket and plenty bright enough to wow just about anyone.

Patt

Enlightened

:wave:Hi bro...if u're really a die hard throw fan..than I'll really advice you the "TK61vn" or just let's say...even more the "TK61vnV2" ...but if U want u budget-friendly..very nice and good thrower with an excellent beam..and not too big in size..take the "SR52vn"...you will be very,very satisfied...:party::D:thumbsup::lolsign:

Cheers ..Patt
;)

luxxlightsaber

Enlightened

I got the light a half hour ago.

The Step Down DOES work and come into play on mine. The manual says after 10 minutes on turbo. I know it was in between 10 and 20 minutes. Before resting it during first session[20 minutes on turbo] I pressed the button and it went back to turbo.

Mine did get too hot to hold tail standing with no fan after 10 minutes. Temp is 77F on my loft. I am now using a fan to complete run times with my PF'S,,,,,,,BD'S will be here tomorrow!

Look forward to using it tonight. Glad it has a holster! Definitely better than a belt clip!,,,,,both is even better!

Edit: After initial 20 minutes on turbo[10 w/out fan 10 with] I am now able to finish my testing without a fan.Likely due to battery depletion and output reduction.

After 45 minutes with ~ 38 on Turbo and 7 on High the resting voltage was 3.56V with NCR 18650PF[2900mAh]. 3200mAh 18650BD arrive tomorrow.

Basically this light is similar to the TK75 in terms of timed step down and low voltage step down. Once it can NOT maintain a level of power it drops to the next level. By the time I reached the 45 minute mark after a 14 minute increment, there was no timed step down. I believe at that point there was not enough battery power to maintain turbo. Basically High and Turbo were identical.

It is a nice torch. :thumbsup: Great to have 5 levels plus strobe for my 2X/week dirt road walk!
IM using vtc5 and my high and turbo are almost identical is there something wrong with mine?

Rob K

Newly Enlightened

Well I would post attachments against my xenon headlights but apparently I don't have enough posts to attach photos. :(

Rob K

Newly Enlightened

Thanks man now I hope that the attachments will attach smoothly doing it from my phone. Results are nothing less than impressive. Look for some pictures later tonight. ;)

CyclingSalmon14

Enlightened
Please click on above image to see full size, as is resized for the fourm, much better full size IMO.

Rob K

Newly Enlightened
Thanks man. That turned out real nice. Nice to see some really great people willing to help out the newer guys here.

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast

Vinh, you got me again....., I'll send a (larger) check with the M40A and the other light that are coming in, for this and the headlamp we discussed....I'll include a note with all the details on all the lights...

$150 XML2, Add thermal paste to key internal places, current boost
+ $30 XML2 PDTn,
+ $45 External Copper Heat Sink

This light is a KEEPER !!

• Not too heavy,
  • great form factor,
  • comes with a holster
  • and BRIGHT.

Looks like some places that trits could go on/into as well

BanditoPete

Newly Enlightened

Received my LD50vn yesterday. Thanks, Vinh! All I'll say is I'm utterly gobsmacked every time I turn it on.

JayDoc

Newly Enlightened
Just sent email about placing an order - been reading CPF for years to educate myself on everything from Eneloops to LiPo packs for RC, chargers and flashlights. I can't wait to see how something that will run my 18650s looks compared to my previous stock LD20 EDC =)