• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

WTS: Z1vn - Flood2Throw

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.marquardt

Enlightened
BRIGHTEN UP YOUR Z1 !!!!

Well I picked up a $2 POS light from Home Depot and ripped out it's reflector. After some grinding with the dremel, I got it to fit inside the Z1vn. The light is at about halfway on focusing, but the beam is MUCH brighter, going to order a proper 37 mm reflector from http://www.kaidomain.com/product/details.S021791 and see how much improvement in brightness I get with it. You lose the ability to change the focus, but you gain all those lumens lost from not having a reflector. Actually if you glued your reflector in, you'd be able to focus out all the way, might make your spotlight brighter. Still going to lose flood focus tho.

Last edited:

A.marquardt

Enlightened
BRIGHTEN UP YOUR Z1 !!!!

Well I picked up a $2 POS light from Home Depot and ripped out it's reflector. After some grinding with the dremel, I got it to fit inside the Z1vn. The light is at about halfway on focusing, but the beam is MUCH brighter, going to order a proper 37 mm reflector from http://www.kaidomain.com/product/details.S021791 and see how much improvement in brightness I get with it. You lose the ability to change the focus, but you gain all those lumens lost from not having a reflector. Actually if you glued your reflector in, you'd be able to focus out all the way, might make your spotlight brighter. Still going to lose flood focus tho.

UPDATE: SO I RECIEVED THE NEW REFLECTORS AND THEY WONT WORK, TOO STEEP OF REFLECTOR WALL. THE ORIGINAL, FLATTER REFLECTOR THAT I HAD TO GRIND DOWN TO FIT WORKS MUCH BETTER.

zejer

Newly Enlightened
UPDATE: SO I RECIEVED THE NEW REFLECTORS AND THEY WONT WORK, TOO STEEP OF REFLECTOR WALL. THE ORIGINAL, FLATTER REFLECTOR THAT I HAD TO GRIND DOWN TO FIT WORKS MUCH BETTER.

Thank you for the update. De-anodized head may help, do you think?

A.marquardt

Enlightened
Thank you for the update. De-anodized head may help, do you think?[/QUOT

NOW THAT DE-ANODISE THE HEAD IS THE SMARTEST THING I'VE HEARD IN A MONTH. ZENER THANKS
A MILLION. I might be able to find a mirrored cylinder to prevent sidespill. The only down side is that you can't use the wide angle flood------the reflector takes up half of the space. You'll only be able to use half zoom as your flood, and also be able to use it on the throw.

Last edited:

A.marquardt

Enlightened
Just an FYI, caps lock is usually right above the shift key. Find it, press it, and the rest of us will thank you. :whistle:

I know about caps lock, I just get excited and I leave caps on for truly exciting things that people will hopefully notice and pay attention too. I'M NOT APOLOGETIC AT ALL BECAUSE I AM WORKING MY LITTLE BUTT OFF trying to find proper 10+amp switches for all the CQVN that owners may not even realize thier McClicky switches are going to FRY one of these days. I fried 2 myself , first switch went kabloowy in 6 min while the 2nd switch I left it on for about 5 minutes....The light was still running at 5 minutes, but when I went to turn it off, the plastics parts of the McClicky switch had turned to mushy rubber.

zejer

Newly Enlightened
"NOW THAT DE-ANODISE THE HEAD IS THE SMARTEST THING I'VE HEARD IN A MONTH. ZENER THANKS
A MILLION. "

You are welcome a million Sir A.marquardt! I wish you well on your quest for that elusive switch. I hope you are not chasing after the wind in your endeavor.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Re: Super Exciting New Release!

Twist to focus. Smooth threads. Great quality.

Now, the question is... Will there be an XHP70 Z1Vn soon? :)

No. Quad die projection might be good for calling batman though.

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast

No. Quad die projection might be good for calling batman though.

X-Men movie releasing next year. :naughty:

Beam artefacts aside, I really wonder how hard the XHP70 can be pushed past its 'Maximum Drive Current of 4.8A' . At 4A, I'm already astonished by the output. :huh:

I would love to have an XHP70 Z1Vn with one of those lively 5000K tint N4 3C XHP70s. Ultimate Hero Searchlight Edition Z1Vn. Just for the fun of it. :D Let me know how much and I'll send payment.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

X-Men movie releasing next year. :naughty:

Beam artefacts aside, I really wonder how hard the XHP70 can be pushed past its 'Maximum Drive Current of 4.8A' . At 4A, I'm already astonished by the output. :huh:

I would love to have an XHP70 Z1Vn with one of those lively 5000K tint N4 3C XHP70s. Ultimate Hero Searchlight Edition Z1Vn. Just for the fun of it. :D Let me know how much and I'll send payment.

Same price as MTG2 version for you.

+ 2 Free 5200mAh 26650 IMR too just ot make today a bit more cheerful. :)

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast

Same price as MTG2 version for you.

+ 2 Free 5200mAh 26650 IMR too just ot make today a bit more cheerful. :)

Thanks, Vinh! :paypal:
I'm adding the following options:-
E1: +$20 for extra copper heat sink
E4: +$18 for International Shipping

Please read the PayPal note carefully. ;)

gofastman

Enlightened

Is this the last one for a long time? If the answer is yes then I suppose I'll have to take it, lol

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Is this the last one for a long time? If the answer is yes then I suppose I'll have to take it, lol

I do not plan to order another batch unless there are significant demands. Future orders will probably be a case by case and prices higher.

gofastman

Enlightened

Ok, I'll take it!
I'm waiting to see what you unveil in your XML2 PDTc thread before I decide options

Status
Not open for further replies.