Status
Not open for further replies.

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope this isn't out of line:
seems like a rat race to hype the product that's starting to fall apart fast

bmstrong

Flashlight Enthusiast
Peter has said that he is getting a 50% failure rate in his initial (hand built by him with selected components) production.
Seems like a very high failure rate to me. he said he would auction off the first 100 lights produced ....which pass qc..

The whole thing seems a little OFF to me.
Yaesumofo

Couldn't agree more on that point.

greg_in_canada

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess I'm a little confused. The ebay listings say, "Only 50 of these are made. All are being sold by auction." Peter's first post in this thread implies that 100 were made but some were scrapped due to QC issues. So.... does that mean that half of those produced got scrapped because they were substandard?!?!? :thinking::shrug::candle::confused: Why do the auctions say there are only 50 of these made? What am I missing here??? :stupid:

This post seems to have the answer: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2492299&postcount=70

It appears to be a conservative guess since he hasn't reworked all of the DOAs yet and expects to lose some (rare) LEDs in the process.

Cheers - Greg

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
...I cannot agree with selling beta lights without any disclaimer, am disatisfied with poor and sometimes misleading communications but respect the choice of the company to sell the light in any way that they think best...

These are not beta lights. They've been in beta test for at least a year (around a year and a half if you count the pre-beta units). I have not found any flaws on mine and I know what the last few issues were on this light and they have been addressed. Please go to the beta test thread where all the current users have posted their observations.

Cyclops942

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somewhere in the vicinity of Phoenix, Arizona, USA
I guess I'm a little confused. The ebay listings say, "Only 50 of these are made. All are being sold by auction."Peter's first post in this thread implies that 100 were made but some were scrapped due to QC issues. So.... does that mean that half of those produced got scrapped because they were substandard?!?!? :thinking::shrug::candle::confused: Why do the auctions say there are only 50 of these made? What am I missing here??? :stupid:

There were 100 K2 TF LEDs available. Because of high failure rates in the early production mini-batches (poor terminology), 50 is a guess of how many will pass QC, not an actual number that's already been obtained.

shannow

Enlightened
OMG!!! Its finally happened!! This is awesome!!!

Groundhog the little child got banned!!! hahahah

Oh yeah the arc6 is finally here... might have to bid..

Edwood

Enlightened
to everyone bidding up the price right now, way before the auction ends... learn how to snipe on eBay you n00bs!

p.s. im bidding for sure!

That's the beauty of eBay. Since eBay hides bidder names, it makes it that much easier for shill bidding. Although you can see bid activity with the buyers. So you can see how much of their bid activity is with that seller, but that's about it. There used to be a great tool for really checking into further back into bid history to see real bid patterns to sniff out real shill bidding accounts. But eBay changed that. Either way, it's a win win for eBay since it just drives up the price. It's a seller's market on eBay. :thumbsdow

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am a newbie in the grand history of CPF but I would hope that Peter recognises his contribution to CPF and in turn the contribution CPF has made to his lights, to him and his finances.

At the very least I would expect that CPF users are given the respect of openess and transparancy with regard to what Peter knows about the future of these lights rather than the cryptic clues given thus far.

I cannot agree with selling beta lights without any disclaimer, am disatisfied with poor and sometimes misleading communications but respect the choice of the company to sell the light in any way that they think best.

To us CPFers this is just a light, take it or leave it, to Arc this is the future, or not, of their business. A company clearly needs to take care of it's reputation and when they are careless with such an important aspect of business you have to ask how much futher the carelessness extends, in my opinion.

I respectfully ask for some openess about the future plans for production, support and warranty on these lights, otherwise in this position uncertainty I will assume the worst.

I am out, and will never own another Arc light unless Peter and Arc can go above and beyond to address these concerns and the numerous concerns expressed by others.

Howdy Hodsta! :wave:

You know better than most about the goofball nutcase Krazy Kenster. :tinfoil: That`s me! :grin2: So please hang in there with me my friend. :) Come on, this isn`t mine, yours or any of us sad sack CPF flashaholics life changing type of event which leaves us no choice but to stand up and demand to be heard because well :thinking:...:shrug: ... INJUSTICE??? :thinking: Get`em! :poke: Uhhh :wtf: :ohgeez: Request :) Not mine or any Arc light owners RIGHT? to be..... :thinking: .... OFFENDED??? :duh2: What CPF member actually NEEDS one of these lights??? :candle: :anyone: NEVERMIND! :whistle: Think of the sign at a ice house/gas station "No Shirt, No Shoes, NO SERVICE". Cool, so :thinking:... if you don`t like it go somewhere else, I guess??? :shrug: Duhhh! :p I have rules at my house the same as all of us do at our homes or business and if anyone don`t like it :eek: go somewhere else please and BE OFFENDED PLEASE! :nana: HEHE! J/K ;) Oh, if owning one of these lights is life or death for someone send me a PM with the serial # of the light you NEED to survive and I will make it yours sad sack! :rolleyes: Oh..... :ohgeez:

Play nice folks! :)

Me :grin2:

Haz

Enlightened
It's great to see these finally available. I don't really mind how they are sold, as long as they are available and can be bought, at what price i don't know. I wonder why the start price has been set at $275, perhaps this is an indication of the future sale price, i thought at $0.99, the end result will still be the same :shrug:

SaturnNyne

Enlightened
Kenster: It's 5am and I just returned from an emergency visit to the doctor; I have a life-threatening fever. He told me the only certain cure is an Arc6. Any would work, but one with an 8 in the serial would likely lead to quickest recovery due to the rejuvenating effects of the eight/infinity sign resemblance phenomenon. Unfortunately, my health insurance does not cover flashlights. Barring this treatment, my only slim hope for a cure is more cowbell. :sick:

Hodsta

Flashlight Enthusiast
Howdy Hodsta! :wave:

You know better than most about the goofball nutcase Krazy Kenster. :tinfoil: That`s me! :grin2: So please hang in there with me my friend. :) Come on, this isn`t mine, yours or any of us sad sack CPF flashaholics life changing type of event which leaves us no choice but to stand up and demand to be heard because well :thinking:...:shrug: ... INJUSTICE??? :thinking: Get`em! :poke:

Clearly this is not life changing for any of us (well maybe Hogs) but it certainly qualifies as a "stand up and demand to be heard" type event. The clue, if you look closely, is all the people standing up and demanding to be heard!:poke::kiss:

Uhhh :wtf: :ohgeez: Request :) Not mine or any Arc light owners RIGHT? to be..... :thinking: .... OFFENDED??? :duh2: What CPF member actually NEEDS one of these lights??? :candle: :anyone: NEVERMIND! :whistle: Think of the sign at a ice house/gas station "No Shirt, No Shoes, NO SERVICE". Cool, so :thinking:... if you don`t like it go somewhere else, I guess??? :shrug: Duhhh! :p I have rules at my house the same as all of us do at our homes or business and if anyone don`t like it :eek: go somewhere else please and BE OFFENDED PLEASE! :nana: HEHE! J/K ;)

Totally agree, if I don't like the way this is being sold or trust the product or the company I've the right to buy it or not. But, in the very same way Peter has the right to answer to my complaint, and potentially influence my decision, or not!

To some, buying the Arc6 will be a significant purchase, possibly causing other purchases to be forgone in the hope that it will be something very special. There is a lot of expectation around this light, but also a slightly funny smell, that can hopefully be cleared up by some straightforward communication.

Oh, if owning one of these lights is life or death for someone send me a PM with the serial # of the light you NEED to survive and I will make it yours sad sack! :rolleyes: Oh..... :ohgeez:
Cheers, I'll have #42:nana:

Last edited:

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast
Peter, the auctions list both battery sleeves included. Is there one, or two pistons included?

Thanks,
Scott

Last edited:

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is/was one of the lights I've been anticipating for a long, long time.

I realize my limitations, so there won't be any Earth shattering revelations nor comments of any real depth coming from me.

I've done what I can to keep up with all of the Arc 6-related threads. I've tried to keep an open mind over all of the revelations of the past several weeks.

In the end I'm simply confused. I could jump to a series of conclusions, but won't as I admit I wouldn't add much to the discussion as some of the conclusions posted in this thread appear quite logical and well presented. The sheer number of assumptions are largely due to a clear lack of facts. Add in the revelations about Peter's true relationship with Arc and I can understand why something of a firestorm of dissent has erupted.

This was going to be my first Arc. I've decided to "sit on the sidelines" and watch the action instead. There are so many great lights out there, often by builders whose reputations are solid, whose sale policies are clear, and whose role in their creation, assembly, and support are well defined.

I keep reminding myself this is only a light. It is. However, this little, crazy community at CPF have done much to support Arc over the years. I believe the series of revelations about the company, the product, and the sales are disrespectful of the community and our rules. A little clarification would go a LONG way in reestablishing what was a good reputation among us.

Just my $.02, and worth less than 1/2 of that in Europe and the UK today.

:popcorn::wave:

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Peter, in the pics the ano color of the head appears different than that of the body. Is that the case for all of them, or are there some units with the same color head and body? :popcorn:

Yes, this is the case for all of them. The parts where anodized seperately so they have differences in their shade.

peter

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Chronos (cool id), it sounds like there is some information you want. Across the various Arc6 threads I have tried to be fairly thorough in that regard. I know it is difficult to find the answer to a specific question. Also, there are some questions I don't know the answer to. Hasn't made the answer any less important or stopped people from asking it. I just keep repeating myself.

Not sure which thread your questions belong in. Try doing a search to see if I have already answered it and then ask specifically. You may find that other people have the same question.

peter

Status
Not open for further replies.