Is it me or is the Ipad one of the most frustrating things apple has invented?

conquer

Banned
Wow. Why not talk about the topic rather than trying to get people banned?

YOU brought up the issue of baiting or trolling, and I simply mentioned that there are clear examples of where people have said nothing constructive, but as long as you praise it seems OK?

Apple products are great

I love my iPad.

I am not really interested, I will take no further part in this as I can tell if you do not like Apple around here you get called a troll.

derangboy

Enlightened
No, the first iMac with no floppy drive was the most frustrating thing out of Apple. In retrospect, it was very forward thinking of them to drop it. Apple is far from perfect, and certainly not for everyone. But a few principles of theirs keep me coming back. For example, the connector for all their MP3 players, phones and tablets are the same! Until this year, different models of Blackberrys used different USB connectors :ohgeez: I could go on, but you just need to try things out for yourself and do some research.

Sent from a bowl of wonton soup using chipsticks.

Last edited:

EZO

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, the first iMac with no floppy drive was the most frustrating thing out of Apple. In retrospect, it was very forward thinking of them to drop it.

I agree. Dropping the floppy drive was the kind of astute, bold and forward thinking move that makes Apple, Apple. Other companies often do the "safe" thing because they are too timid to shake things up and are worried about a negative reaction. This is exactly the same thing that Apple has done by rejecting Flash because they know that HTML 5 will soon make it essentially obsolete and they can avoid the numerous security issues with Flash along with the fairly serious privacy issues inherent in Flash by eliminating super cookies.

Posted from an iPhone 5 prototype I found in a bar the other day.

Last edited:

uknewbie

Banned
While considering many Apple products over the years, I have always chosen another brand as I seem to always find, what I think, is a better option.

Dude Dudeson

Enlightened
Let me first say that I tend to call Apple "Crapple". Nothing they've ever produced has been "right for me".

But the Ipad, my hat's off to them there (even though I'd never buy one).

I'm waiting for the Android tablet that's right for me, and I've seen a few great contenders. Their existence (at THIS time rather than a few years from now) is directly because of Apple.

Tablets have been around, but Apple made the first one good enough to bring the concept to prime time. Can't take that away from them.

I've come to appreciate Apple in the same way regarding smartphones - again, the Iphone is NOT for me, but the resulting "copycats" are arriving sooner rather than later because of Apple.

And they're getting quite good, and at much cheaper prices...

So I'd say I'm an "indirect fanboy" of Apple even though none of their products interest me!

cdrake261

Enlightened
One of my biggest beef with android tablets is that one android app doesn't always work with all Android tablets....incompatibility simply would be solved by standardized screen resolution and main hardware.

Dude Dudeson

Enlightened
One of my biggest beef with android tablets is that one android app doesn't always work with all Android tablets....incompatibility simply would be solved by standardized screen resolution and main hardware.

Maybe you're better off with Apple then! From what I've seen the main "must have" apps work fine on all the Android devices I've seen, but I'm hearing you, I'm sure there's glitches here and there...

That is why Apple is so huge - they simply nail it and make it work, and that's really what most people need. It's really ironic to say that Apple is who's made Android viable, but it's true...

Me, I'm an Android guy. But Apple is who got the ball rolling......

cdrake261

Enlightened
Don't get me wrong, I like the android concept and I even overclocked and heavily modded my droid... For me personally, I wanted something more stable and professional, it simply works for me. Everybody is different, and if you like android, that's fine and I like both, I wanted an iPhone this time around instead of an android phone. I love my iPad, and yet to see an android tablet that I like.

Greta

Flashaholic
... I love my iPad, and yet to see an android tablet that I like.

Same here. I love my Android phone and wanted so badly to get the tablet to go with it. But it just wasn't able to do what I needed it to do... even with apps. So I ended up with the ipad. Turned out well cuz my husband got one too for his work so now we can FaceTime whenever we want :) I'm sure the Android tablet will one day be able to do what I need it to do... and then maybe I'll get one. Doubt I'll ever get an iphone though... I just simply like my droid phone too much!

cdrake261

Enlightened
Nice thing about having the iPhone and iPad, with the ios5 coming out this fall, my media and apps will be synced wirelessly and automatically between my apple device and iTunes. I'd like to see android do that...

Also, the songs I buy on iTunes works and sync to all my device as noted above, however, to get songs from iTunes to an android device requires a little more work to manually bring them over.

Plus I felt that apple iOS is more stable the android OS, but opinion may vary.

Greta

Flashaholic
The whole syncing thing...

Now that was a pleasant surprise for my husband and I with our iPads. I have an android phone. He does not. I can't even tell you what it is except it's Sprint service. (it's not an iPhone) Anyway, through Google (gmail) it was minimal effort to get our iPads and phones to all sync together wirelessly and automatically with regards to the calendars. So now if we so choose, we can add an event by phone or by iPad and it automatically spreads to all of the other devices. This is VERY nice for us! Now I don't have to send him a text to remind him of appts. I just set the event to alarm on his phone.

Another very handy feature for him is that he can access the pass downs and his email from work with his iPad and if he wants, he can share it with either my iPad or my Android phone.. Again, all wirelessly through Google... and yes, it is all secure.

Media? We haven't even tried sharing all that. I really have no interest in his Rammstein music collection... and he has no interest in my Lady Gaga... :p

Dude Dudeson

Enlightened
Don't get me wrong, I like the android concept and I even overclocked and heavily modded my droid... For me personally, I wanted something more stable and professional, it simply works for me. Everybody is different, and if you like android, that's fine and I like both, I wanted an iPhone this time around instead of an android phone. I love my iPad, and yet to see an android tablet that I like.

Truly I would go the CPF route and "buy both" if I could...

I'll end up just waiting until the "right product for me" arrives, and I don't think I'll be waiting too long...

Norm

Retired Administrator
I've accessed mail from my ISP, yahoo and Gmail, never had a problem setting up or receiving mail.
Norm