Is it me or is the Ipad one of the most frustrating things apple has invented?

Grizzlyb

Enlightened
I bought an IPhone and was happy with my Apple thingy, until....I bought an IPad.
Indeed some parts of the IPad are starting to frustrate me.
On the IPhone the absence of Flash content didn't seem to bother me, on the IPad it does.

I never felt the need of using my USB stick in my IPhone, with my IPad it really sucks that I cant use a simple USBstick with data on it.
Lately I bought a Samsung Galaxy S2 and I have to admit, I use the IPad less and less. Most things I do, I can and will use my S2.
The IPad is good in the things it was meant to do, but it is really lacking in a big part.

Illum

Flashaholic
I'm just lost at this point :shrug:

It does seem like its just me though, the only technologically regressive person in my circle of friends who actually wants to have a washing machine that runs on peanut oil:thinking:

Norm

Retired Administrator
uknewbie there is a great deal of difference between constructively discussing a subject and Trashing a thread , just becouse you having nothing constructive to add to the discussion.

Please see Post#41 by Grizzlyb, criticism without trashing, not every post has to be positive as long as the post isn't meant to antagonise other members purely to get other members rise to the bait. I think you need to learn the difference

Norm

Why not?

There have been several post saying nothing more than Apple are great, or I love my Ipad etc, so why gag people who want to say they do not love Apple or it's products?

You have not edited any of the "let's praise Apple" posts!

ico

Enlightened
I don't have an Ipad but i do have an Ipod Touch. It has been a shelf queen when i got an android phone. Recently, I hard a hard time with CPF using my android so i went back to my Ipod. I was then reminded how it was better, with the UI and stuff, than my android. Browsing is hard since it has a small screen but I guess it is good with the Ipad. Syncing sucks but that is Apple's way of keeping you/us in their own little box to play with their gadget. Other than that it is still a good thing. Just do not think that an Ipad is a replacement for a PC. Ipad has its own use.

You can get an external hard drive to merge all your files so that you can then combine them in one PC and then sync all to your Ipad.

If you want a music player, I dont suggest the Ipad (may be just for you) if you have a hard time syncing with differerent Pc's. I think most people already uses smartphone(not generalizing though) so maybe you can use that as an alternative music player than can be used like a USB for putting your music.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
If you want a music player, I dont suggest the Ipad

I would note that the iPad actually sounds very good through headphones, like a quality portable CD player; full soundstage, can hit the subwoofer notes, etc. A world apart from my old 3rd gen Nano. Plus if you get the USB Camera kit, you can connect an outboard DAC/amplifier to it for serious audiophilia..

ico

Enlightened
I would note that the iPad actually sounds very good through headphones, like a quality portable CD player; full soundstage, can hit the subwoofer notes, etc. A world apart from my old 3rd gen Nano. Plus if you get the USB Camera kit, you can connect an outboard DAC/amplifier to it for serious audiophilia..

I dont suggest it to HIM. I dont suggest it becasue of its quality but rather because the OP does not like syncing with different PC's

please take time to read the whole post

cdrake261

Enlightened
I'm always on this web forum while using my iPhone/iPad...doesn't bother me at all, however lack of flash support annoy me on the rare websites I visit that use flash. You apple haters can keep your droids, just means more apple stuff for us "fanboys"! :-D

conquer

Banned
I don't like Apple products.

They don't have some pretty common stuff:

Removable batteries
USB ports
Reasonable prices
Micro SD cards
Flash support
Bluetooth
Ability to support independent Apps very well
Good supporting software (Itunes is terrible)
Ability to re-name apps
Ability to edit pictures
Themes
Advertising that is not misleading

Among many other problems.

Most people don't know any better though and will just keep buying anything Apple produce.

EZO

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't like Apple products.

They don't have some pretty common stuff:

Removable batteries
USB ports
Reasonable prices
Micro SD cards
Flash support
Bluetooth
Ability to support independent Apps very well
Good supporting software (Itunes is terrible)
Ability to re-name apps
Ability to edit pictures
Themes
Advertising that is not misleading

Among many other problems.

Most people don't know any better though and will just keep buying anything Apple produce.

I agree completely with Chicago X's post. In fact, I would go so far as to describe conquer's post as a violation of Rule #4 as it comes across as trolling, baiting and flaming but ultimately that is something for a moderator to decide.

Conquer, you are certainly entitled to your opinion of Apple and it's products but it sounds like you have little or no experience with them and know practically nothing about them.

Last edited:

cdrake261

Enlightened
Idk, but both my iPad and my iPhone has bluetooth, I can take both devices apart to replace batteries, ios5 is going to allow syncing of data with having to use iTunes, if I need to use a port/card slot, I'd use an adaptor, no need to rename apps unless you are trying to hide something, and I can change themes if I really wanted via jailbreaking.

I agree with Chicago_X... Broad, incorrect, and insulting. But what else can one expect from a fanboy? Anything that a fanboy isn't fan of, equates to junk in his eyes.

conquer

Banned
Nothing baiting about it. I have personal experience of Apple products where all of the above are true and correct.

Nothing insulting either, I said "most" people, not all.

You think my post is baiting, even though I gave real examples of why, but neither you or anyone else mentioned the below posts, quoted here in their entirety:

Apple products are great

I love my iPad.

bansuri

Enlightened
It's the last line of your original post. The "don't know any better" part.
That's baiting.

EZO

Flashlight Enthusiast
Conquer, you left out some of the "baiting", "flaming" and "trolling" part of your statement where you said, "Most people don't know any better though and will just keep buying anything Apple produce". That's an indictment of quite a swath of people considering that Apple sold 3 million iPads in it's first 80 days on the market and 25 million in a little more than a year since it hit the market. There must be something compelling about this product beyond people just not knowing any better. But enough! The whole idea of the kind of post you offer is to draw people into an argument than can not be resolved, only devolve and I don't wish to do that, so I've said all I will say here.

Greta

Flashaholic
Kind of ironic... I posted my last reply... And this one too!... From my iPad... :grin2:

EZO

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Greta!

(edit) I was thankful that you deleted conquer's last out-of-line post but I see he's back with another one. I'm actually a little surprised he's still here. You are very patient.

Last edited:

Greta

Flashaholic
You are very patient.

Naw... I just firmly believe in giving people all the rope they need to hang themselves real right and proper. Tis only fair, don'tcha know?

*Posted from my iPad 2... :nana: Acid87 ... :p