• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

WTS: MM15vn - Noah

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
I also want to say this light has a nice heft to it. Would love to see a pic of the copper heat sink. It's got to be substantial the way it heats up so fast.

Rat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Went camping on the weekend it's winter down here and it was cold. My feet got wet during the day and were like ice all day was looking forward to warming them up with the campfire. But before we got one going it started raining so I went to bed with frozen feet.

Then it hit me I have a portable heater the MM15vn it worked like a charm heated up the inside of my sleeping bag and I used it like a hot water bottle for my feet :thumbsup:

Plus it was a big hit with my mates they could not believe the light that came out of this small package.

Thx
Vinhn

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
sony vtc5 or samsung 25 R's between these two, which one provides more amps or runtime , or just which one is better for the mm15?

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
sony vtc5 or samsung 25 R's between these two, which one provides more amps or runtime , or just which one is better for the mm15?

Sony are rated for higher current, and have lower internal resistance, and have a tiny bit higher rating (mAh). Seems like a no-brainer to me. You don't really need a 30A rating, though. You might want to look at the NCR18650BD. 3200mAh, and 10A rating. Give you significantly more runtime.

GhostReaction

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ve tried both sets of the Sony VTC5 and Samsung 25R. I m pretty sure I can't tell the difference between these high discharge sets to my protected Panasonic 3400.
So I m just rotating the battery sets. Of cos the higher capacity push a slightly more runtime especially at level 3&4.

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ve tried both sets of the Sony VTC5 and Samsung 25R. I m pretty sure I can't tell the difference between these high discharge sets to my protected Panasonic 3400.
So I m just rotating the battery sets. Of cos the higher capacity push a slightly more runtime especially at level 3&4.

wow so if you cant even tell between the sonys and 25r and the protected pany's , then i guess it doesnt matter which two i choose at this point.
but i did hear that 20 R's were getting higher amps but sacrifice for even less run time at only 2000 mah

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
wow so if you cant even tell between the sonys and 25r and the protected pany's , then i guess it doesnt matter which two i choose at this point.
but i did hear that 20 R's were getting higher amps but sacrifice for even less run time at only 2000 mah

I would recommend unprotected cells because the draw is high enough that some protected cells could trip. I prefer there to be no chance of protection tripping unless something is wrong, i.e., don't want it cutting off unless it really needs to for safety reasons. That said, most if not all unprotected cells will deliver enough amps, so you should go for capacity, rather than theoretical lumen gains you won't actually notice. That's why I recommended the NCR18650BD.

At least, that's how I see it. Everyone has their own priorities.

CAMVDCS

Newly Enlightened
Quick question for those in the know about this modded light. This torch just pushes out a ton of light. I see some pics of the light on the first page of this thread but it appears that the body is not the original Niwalker body but a generic body (this is shown next to the original Niwalker body). Is the generic body in the pics some kind of prototype? If you purchase the light which body do you get?

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes. The first pictures are the test example Vinh got.
You get the flat black production version

Joeymt3

Enlightened
Hey Vihn. I received the other two lights but not this MM15. Are you out of them right now? I tried emailing a couple days ago but haven't heard back from you.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Hey Vihn. I received the other two lights but not this MM15. Are you out of them right now? I tried emailing a couple days ago but haven't heard back from you.

Yes the MM15vn hasn't ship yet but it should be anyday now.

ven

Flashaholic

Hi there ghost,just a little thought regarding the pany cells,as these are longer than the IMR be careful fitting them. The centre post will wear quite quick so some kind of protection is ideal. I have used some insulation tape to stop wear, someone else used part of a straw .

Mine had very slight marks so I caught it early and only used IMR cells(3-4mm shorter) . Also the angle of the cells when fitting can catch the sides of the head and damage the wraps.

:)