Words to Live By.

idleprocess

Flashaholic
No pithy saying behind it, but avoid my dog is better than your dog arguments where sweeping, subjective judgments are involved. Replace "dog" with more common comparisons such as "city", "state", "school", "spouse", "sports team", "hobby", etc.

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.

- NeNeil deGrasse Tyson

I've always believed that science is a method to test a theory and therefore doesn't contain any truth in and of itself.

Perhaps Mr. Tyson meant to say - "The good thing about proven science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.

- NeNeil deGrasse Tyson

I've always believed that science is a method to test a theory and therefore doesn't contain any truth in and of itself.

Perhaps Mr. Tyson meant to say - "The good thing about proven science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.

Truth is subjective at times, but so is science.
All three of those really hit the spot for me.
When I started learning, as I haven't stopped and never will, I studied Physics, Maths, Biology and Electronics. The rituals of the various arts have never left me. Least of all the objective reasoning.
Thanks for reminding me.
P

bykfixer

Flashaholic
The reason for reason is so we can reason………

Me to my kids at various ages when asked "why did you do X?" (insert dumb thing typical teens do here) and their response was "I dunno".

Last edited:

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Ricky Gervais' Golden Globes monologue; an eight-minute scorched-earth carpet bombing of most of reality at the outset of 2020, words to live and die by indeed:

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

I genuinely feel sad for the kids who weren't allowed to go to the museum for a grade school class trip.

They were kept home 'cause mommy-dearest got a new tub of Crisco for frosting on cupcakes to be made.
ahh, all the magic hydrogenated oils can do in the kitchen

Keitho

Enlightened
"Happy is the man who marries the woman he wants; happier is the man who marries the woman he needs."
Matshona Dhliwayo

Only those willing to suffer the agony of defeat can truly know the thrill of victory.

bA3ohjE.jpg

5S8Zh5

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any girl can look glamorous, all she has to do is stand still and look stupid.

Hedy Lamarr

Bombshell: The Hedy Lamarr Story (2017), Netflix